62.6 KB · Views: 1,652

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like it could be a very good digger , I may take a look at one of those .

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine broke the 1st. day I had it,took it back and got anotherone,it broke a week later,so I got a store credit. :dontknow:

Digger1980

Oct 22, 2009
Easton PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix 6, MXT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are nice and handy but don't last very long....I think I'm on my 12th one now :dontknow:

OP
OP
N2CU

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. I thought I stumbled upon a good tool. Guess I better not retire my other diggers. Where did yours break and how? The blade is one piece that runs right to the end of the handle. Must have been prying up boulders? :wink:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I am surprised Craftsman lets them put their name on it if it is that easy to break. I see in the picture that it's made in China too, I guess that explains it.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine broke off at the tip,about 2 inches down,I hit a tree root while digging for a coin. :-\

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just remember that lifetime guarantee if you want to keep going in to get it relplaced!!! Chug

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought mine on sale after Xmas for 8.99 ;D I took my Dremel to the tip/tips and put a sharper edge on it. It works great and like what has been said already; if it breaks just take it back and get another one :sign13:. I have had no issues with mine and i have been really rough on it. Even the overpriced lesche diggers have broken and there is no local lesche store to exchange it at.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Craftsman tools have been made in China for a few years now. They still have a few items that are made in the U.S., but not many. They have a lot more bargain priced tools (less than $10) now too.

RigDean

Sep 6, 2008
Looks to be a solid tool, but before I even stuck it in the dirt one of those tips (probably the serrated side) would meet my grinder LOL

I have one of these ( ebay # 150577816943 ) and I like it alot. very good for cutting plugs, scooping dirt, cutting roots, etc... Eventually, I may get a lesche but they are a bit pricey and they are straight (not good for scooping) Oh, well I have too many tools/diggers anyway and they all seem to keep holding up so maybe I don't need a lesche. I also have the Ames 7 in 1 which has been good too....

Swing it, Listen, Like it, dig it!

OP
OP
N2CU

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dean, Yours is an interesting digger. The depth marks look amazingly similar to those on my digger. They probably both come from the same factory in China!

The notch between the two tips is a root cutter and has a sharp edge. I've used the digger on two hunts so far and have no problem penetrating the ground and cutting circular plugs. I like the tool better than my trusty stainless trowels I used years ago when I began detecting.

Digger1980

Oct 22, 2009
Easton PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix 6, MXT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong, its certainly worth having (lifetime warrenty) :icon_sunny: ...just keep a back-up digger handy
-Mine always breaks off 1 1/2" down :dontknow:

oldblues

Greenie
Sep 29, 2011
I just bought one at my local Sears on sale for 9.99. Looks like a good starter for me as I am just getting started with my first Detector on the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions