Wireless headphones?

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone recommend a decent set of wireless headphones that won't break the bank? Of course, they can't cause interference with my metal detector. All of the ones I'm seeing on the market cost more than my detector does. I'm looking to spend less than $100 with the assumption that they will be rugged enough to handle the environment. The last thing I want to do is pay $100 for a pair of consumer headphones and have them die on me after one use.

OP
OP
mts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have spent more time reading other posts. I see that dogpound recently answered a similar question and recommended Radio Shack model 33-283. I'll take a look at these.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
the over the head pair (model 33-283 for 79.99) from radio shack have been working great for me, infact its all i use now. very comfortable, and the battery lasts easily 12+ hours ( the problem i had with the behind the head pair (40 buck) was the battery life would only last 6-7 hours. the transmitter is 1/8 inch so the only thing ya need is a 1/8 female to 1/4 male adaptor if your headphone jack is 1/4 inch(which they sell at radio shack for under 8 bucks)

OP
OP
mts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dogpound said:
the over the head pair (model 33-283 for 79.99) from radio shack have been working great for me, infact its all i use now. very comfortable, and the battery lasts easily 12+ hours ( the problem i had with the behind the head pair (40 buck) was the battery life would only last 6-7 hours. the transmitter is 1/8 inch so the only thing ya need is a 1/8 female to 1/4 male adaptor if your headphone jack is 1/4 inch(which they sell at radio shack for under 8 bucks)

That model does not appear to be available on their web site anymore. I wonder if they have been discontinued. I'll have to check the local stores to see if they still have some in stock. Thanks for the info.

DFXDon

Aug 27, 2007
West St. Paul Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision V3i, GMT, and X-Terra 705, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The radio shack 33-283 Auvio wire less are the very best for your detector there is no delay in signal they are light have re chargable battery's and built in charger the very best and if you are lucky and they have one on the shelf you can get the 79.95 set for close out at 29.95 You can't beet that can you CHECK YOUR SHACK they may have some left
Don

OP
OP
mts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Don! I'll check it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions