OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
you push and twist to depth shake and bring out plug push plunger out comes plug find target retrieve and put plug back into the hole doesnt leave much trace unless ground is really dry i dont use it when i am on foot thats what my old school lesche digger is for

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a member in our club that uses something similar. When his target is in the plug, he has to break the plug up to retrieve the target, and he can't put the plug back (properly) and makes a terrible mess. I will never use one........NGE

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
notgittinenny said:
There is a member in our club that uses something similar. When his target is in the plug, he has to break the plug up to retrieve the target, and he can't put the plug back (properly) and makes a terrible mess. I will never use one........NGE
These are commonly referred to as "Hole Hogs" and I've had one and unless I was on very damp ground it didn't work to good. And believe it or not it has a learning curve and takes a bit getting used too. I got rid of mine but it wasn't because of the way it worked but because of it's size and weight. But in damp or moist soil where it's ez to cut it does work well, unless you don't have the target in center when you cut the plug...then it gets messy. IMHO
Happy Trails, Woodstock

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i have had some come apart i keep pressure on the plug as i push it out and i use a pocket knife to cut open the plug and retrive then i put it back in the hole you have to treat the plug like a baby handle it with care and everything goes back in place and i only have troubles with it when the greound is to hard from winter or summer bake or no rain

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread