Please help on new detector..

kurtma12

Apr 19, 2009
Georgia
Hello, I am looking at upgrading. I currently use a Tesero Cibola. I have always liked it and found a lot of great relics. My biggest concerns with the Cibola is that the tone never seems to change, and it is difficult to know what you might be digging. I would like to be able to have some sort of idea if what I am digging is garbage or not. I dig mostly old homes, but most of them have been lived in continuously, so there is 200 years of garbage in them. About 3 times a year, i get to do nice Civil War sites, but it's a drive for me, so regular home sites are more common. I have a budget of about $800.

What specifically makes a model at this price 3 times better than my current machine?

Any suggestions?

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
you dont have to much space to choose from, now the best detector for money is used explorer, prices from 400-650$. My first detector was Cibola too, I have not best opinion about this detector. Cibola is more for experts but not new users.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Minelab
Minelab
Minelab
Whites
Whites
Whites,,,,, thats all you need to know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions