Garrett Pro Pointer!

kelpike

Greenie
Nov 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am new to detecting and have been using the HF Centech pinpointer which I thought was ok until I bought the GPP for Christmas. You can feel the difference as soon as you pick it up. I can't wait to get out with this thing. I just tried a dry run with the two side by side. The HF has to just about touch the item to detect it and the GP detected about four inches away. Big difference. Even without using this in the field, I would highly recommend this pointer.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: Great Upgrade!!! Welcome To The Club!!! Chug

WinstonTX

Jul 5, 2010
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife got a Pro Pointer for me for Christmas ;D I just mentioned that I wanted a pinpointer but didn't specify which one since the GPP is so expensive -- she did all of the research and picked it anyway :icon_thumright:

It was rainy and cold, so I just did a test run in the backyard. I was able to isolate a signal and pop out the target (aluminum trash) in a fraction of the time and with a tiny hole compared to the old method (no pinpointer). Seems good!

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just got my gpp and it is the best i have ever used. Its comfortable in my hand, its very accurate and its smaller than my automax v4 which constantly falsed and is just too big to use unless you need a sword or a rake!!!!!

tsmith

Feb 9, 2011
i also got one for christmas. I love it it beats the other two that I have used in the past.

terry

M

mikusek

I have a GPP on back order, hope that changes soon. I like the waterproof feature and its nice to hear that it has an excellent reputation.

I have a CenTech and a White's Bulleye II, the CenTech picks up metal further away, but doesn't have the vibration option(unless I haven't discovered it), which is a feature I like to use when wearing earphones.

My CenTech had a range of about 0 to a quarter inch at first no matter what I did with the sensitivity adjustment. After twiddling the sensitivity knob all the way each direction, working the button, and removing and installing the battery a few times, it now sounds at 1" on any metal object and on some at 2" or more, especially if there is a cluster of coins (4 or more). I rated it near junk at first, opinion not so low now, but the quality of manufacture and its design leaves something to be desired when compared to White's and Garrett's pointers, and it certainly is not a comfortable unit to handle. But, the price is well below either of the others.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mikusek said:
I like the waterproof feature....

It's not quite waterproof... DO NOT submerge it completely. The coil end is waterproof, but from the button to the battery cap should not be submerged. Generally speaking, it should be fine in rain. The speaker hole is the weak link and will allow water into it and it will ruin it.

It is a very good pinpointer but don't be fooled into thinking its waterproof, it isn't.

Some folks have been sucessful in waterproofing theirs by applying a fairly thick coat of silicone over the button and speaker hole, but in doing so you void the warranty.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I like a little lass sound, so I place a small piece of duct tape over the speaker hole. It work well to quiet the sound but still be audible. One benefit is a little more water resistance. I clean mine by putting my thumb over the speaker hole and washing or rinsing under the tap. Never had a problem with leaking but as said a little silicone on the rubber o ring helps. I have used it at the beach in a couple of inches of water, but never felt comfortable so I stopped doing that. How much do I like my GPP, I have an unused one for a back up if I damage or loose my current one.

Ed D.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was given My GPP by my good friend Mac232, I cannot understand how i got along all these years without one. Thanks again David. :icon_thumright:

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks guys, im looking into getting one of these now :)

Dillis

Even if its junk, It's a find..
Mar 11, 2012
Fayetteville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT and Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a lot of research and ask many questions B4 I purchased the Garrett Pro Pointer. At first I was looking to buy the Whites Bulleye II. Because I have a Whites metal detector. I'm the kind of person that likes to stay with all the same brand. But as I said, after many nights of research. The Garrett Pro Pointer was the winner. It helps to make quick work finding the items your digging for.. Garrett Pro Pinpointer.jpg

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They really speed up your recovery time. It's so fast at recovery that if my battery dies, I'll walk across a pasture to get a new battery rather than detect without it!

Wayne

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want a waterproof pinpointer, go with Vibraprobe 580. It is good to a depth of 30 feet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread