Pouches?

mfitzs70

Sep 15, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett's Ace 250, Garrett's Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the one I got in the package when I bought my Garrett's Propointer. I'ts got a zippered finds compartment and a big trash section along with sleeves to hold your digger but I don't use that part. Good quility.

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Menards and Home Depot and checked out some of their new tool pouches, they are cheaper and have more options.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think some form of a tool/trash/treasure pouch is a good investment. Otherwise, what are you going to do with your tools? Carry them all in you one free hand? Where is the trash going? Back on the ground because you don't have room in your pockets?

You need SOMETHING to carry your stuff in.

PA_Doug

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Maxpedition versapack. It has plenty of room for tools and finds. There are lots of add-on choices to customize to your liking.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pouches are one of those no-brainer home projects. Simply make one out of two pant legs. Or, like I did, when you buy a detector, tell them to throw one in. They will. TTC

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was walking through the hunting section of walmart and saw a mesh shotgun shell belt bag.......it has one large mesh bag for trash and two smaller sections(not meshed) for keepers and anyrhing else. Propointer and digging sheath fit onto the belt nicely. I've had it for about a month and love it.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the pouch that came with my Excal. Its a one pocket pouch, but I always put my trash in with the good stuff, then I go through everything at home. I have found many things that I thought were trash, but after careful examination, they were keepers. I dont like to waste my hunting time, by examining every find, low tide waits for no one! Besides, I like to collect different types of trash, so I can try to figure out the different tones, which I havent yet!

I know a lot of people like to dump the trash in the nearest trash can, but I think it can wait till I get home and have more time. My first diamond ring looked like junk, and it was a month, before I knew what it was. Now I keep all the rings, and on my off days, go through them, looking for keepers, I never throw out junk jewelry or give it away, until im 110% sure of what it is, then check it again!

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Garrett Pro-pointer/ Stavr Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a surplus military ammo pouch. It's foreign military, I think romanian. Anyway, it has two large compartments, side by side. I use one for trash and the other for the good stuff. Funny thing is the trash side always has more in it!

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Was at flea market yesterday and went to military supply store. They had a ton of pouches but decided on one that they use for ammo and grenades. It is small enough to not hinder me but big enough for whatever. Thanks for all the input. O Ya it was $5

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wear army surplus pants/shorts with pockets on the sides,on the left side that pockets is for trash,the right side one holds my empty pill bottles,large one that's wide enough for a silver dollar size coin,and it has a screw on lid.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the one I got in the package when I bought my Garrett's Propointer. I'ts got a zippered finds compartment and a big trash section along with sleeves to hold your digger but I don't use that part. Good quility.
I use the same pouch! It's light simple,and works great! For under 12.00 you can't beat it. I was so impressed with it,I bought another one for my wife.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of folks use the ones that come with there detectors because they come with them & really like them I use my garret one that came with my pro & got 2 more nice design decent size clip belt. Perfect,

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Garrett bag has a poor web belt. It folds into a small diameter rope and then starts to dig into my side. Somewhere I think on here, somebody was using a Molle type padded belt. I will be going to this set up next. I just started looking around for the belt and have one online. I plan on taking the Garrett bag and sewing molle straps on it to attach it to the belt. Being a lot wider and padded, this will feel a lot better than a thin web belt folding and digging into my side. I also have a small utility bag coming to carry the small items like extra batteries and such, this will also attach to the molle belt. The Pro Pointer already has this molle system built into the sheath holder. Just another reason a molle belt will work better.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On ebay search for canvas ammo shoulder bag. I never got comfortable with that weight hanging on my waist.

fwiw

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a leather nail bag along the same lines as this one.. (there are so many)

leather-nail-pouch-500x500.jpg

You can get one at Home Depot, Harbor Freight or better yet... Look at yard & garage sales... I think I got one of mine from a friend who does contract construction work when I saw he was throwing it out I figured it would work awesome for finds, and it does :icon_thumright: I also found 3 more in an alley about a week ago that someone had thrown out so they're around... The best thing is that it has more than one pouch so you can separate trash from goods... It will slide on any belt or you can get a utility belt from Harbor Freight for about $7... Pick one up, you won't be disappointed.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the nail bag idea,but I have a 5 gallon bucket that frosting came in,it can carry my tools and all the junk crap I find to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread