Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone care to recommend one?
I've had the Diamond Detective by RS Mizar for about 3 years, I've tested very small diamond sets in rings and it works well, have not tried it on raw diamonds but hope to find one in the future. Was told that it might not tell difference between a artificial and the real thing, don't know about that but that wouldn't concern me. The price I think was in the neighborhood of $100. Don't know anything about the masonite or how you would be using it.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I too am looking for a tester that will tell the difference between a Diamond and Moissanite. There are prices and claims all over the internet. I don't want to pay $20 for one if it doesn't work and I don't want to pay $100 for one if it doesn't work better than a $20 one. Does anyone out there have a tester that accurately tells the difference between diamonds and moissanite (lab created diamonds)?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mizar Diamond detector detective has been doing a great job for me. Around $95 - $100. Haven't had the opportunity to try it on raw stones, but has saved me from making a few bad mistakes. Hint: when testing stones in antique settings, wipe the stone(s) with an alcohol pad. You can grab a box of single use pads for a couple bucks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread