Headphones?

kdbrich

Dec 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The search feature showed me a few posts of people asking for wireless headphone suggestions. Not many suggestions, though.

Anyone got any ideas? I don't want to spend $90 for a pair. I know I can find some for that...sound quality I don't think really matters that much.

On a side note....anyone think that a manufacturer could probably charge $100 more if their detector was bluetooth enabled? It seems so common nowadays to have bluetooth in everything.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried the rad shack wireless and they worked great for a month. Then I went to wired original grey ghosts. They lasted a little over a year...no abuse either. Looking back into wireless, cords just drive me nuts.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I PM'ed ya a link to get wireless headphones.
I bought a pair from this guy about 6 months ago and they work great.

BillW212

Feb 6, 2013
Coatesville, PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read elsewhere here that people were saying the wireless headphones create a delay, which could make detecting more difficult. I got a pair of phones with my detector, but I also found the earbuds from my ipod/iphone work. I also have a cheap pair of headphones that I got for about $5 at walmart that work well. They are light and the cord is plenty long enough. Pretty much anything works for headphones as long as the plug is the right size and the cord is long enough. Now that said, I haven't used mine yet. So these cheapies might not work well if there is noise nearby like from the ocean and such. But the earbuds should work well no matter what and I will probably carry a pair of those as a spare/backup anyway.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I read elsewhere here that people were saying the wireless headphones create a delay, which could make detecting more difficult. I got a pair of phones with my detector, but I also found the earbuds from my ipod/iphone work. I also have a cheap pair of headphones that I got for about $5 at walmart that work well. They are light and the cord is plenty long enough. Pretty much anything works for headphones as long as the plug is the right size and the cord is long enough. Now that said, I haven't used mine yet. So these cheapies might not work well if there is noise nearby like from the ocean and such. But the earbuds should work well no matter what and I will probably carry a pair of those as a spare/backup anyway.
You are right; any headphones will work. When I upgraded from the cheapo White's headphones to Grey Ghosts, I could not believe the difference in full-range audio response between those and the cheapies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread