Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig in all types of ground to recover land survey markers, sometime even through 5" of blacktop.

Here is my go - to tool for getting through tough ground and even blacktop.

Estwing%20Geo-Paleo%20Pick.jpg

It's really fast - it makes my old (and much heavier) pick ax obsolete. It's super light and the tip is designed to dig without much effort. It's so good, that on a construction site, you really have to keep your eye on it so it doesn't disappear.

It's pricey, but I never regretted that past my first hole. The more I dig, the cheaper it gets per hole. And most importantly, I don't avoid digging with it since it's so easy.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's mine. A Hermit Pick, $60.00

Attachments

• HermitPicks.jpg
    HermitPicks.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 258

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looks like it would work well. I have and Estwing hammer and a rubber mallet that I have used for years and they are made well enough to give to your grandkids one day. I used my rubber mallet to set up machines and do millwright type work for almost ten years. I still have it now, but mostly use if for removing car hubs and things. I wouldn't hesitat to pay extra for an Estwing tool. I will look out for one.

OP
OP
Bum Luck

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I was a commercial carpenter for years, and I still have my Estwing hammers - a 20 oz finishing hammer, and a 28 oz straight claw framing hammer. They're great tools and indestructible. You can always tell a pro - that's what they use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread