Gear Harness...

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have seen some guys post about using a military combat harness to carry their MD gear...I got this today (bought from ebay). Gonna load some of my gear on it tonight. Not bad for $10 plus shipping.

Combat Harness.jpg

DEHew64

Jan 29, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Stinger
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That set up is what we called Load Bearing Equipment or "LBE". I always liked mine but in the last 15 years or so the Army has begun using a vest setup. I like the vest better since it spreads the weight out more evenly across your shoulders. This is not a bad piece of equipment at all.

OP
OP
hoosierguy

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That set up is what we called Load Bearing Equipment or "LBE". I always liked mine but in the last 15 years or so the Army has begun using a vest setup. I like the vest better since it spreads the weight out more evenly across your shoulders. This is not a bad piece of equipment at all.

We called it deuce gear in the corps when I was in... Any links to that vest you mentioned?

DEHew64

Jan 29, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Stinger
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried finding a link but I can't find what I have at home. I leave NTC (Ft Irwin) in a day or two I'll take couple of pics of what I have and post them here. I still have the Desert Tan one I was issued to wear over my Body armor on my first trip to Iraq but it's in the barn back in Texas. That's the one I intend to use after I retire next month.

OP
OP
hoosierguy

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried finding a link but I can't find what I have at home. I leave NTC (Ft Irwin) in a day or two I'll take couple of pics of what I have and post them here. I still have the Desert Tan one I was issued to wear over my Body armor on my first trip to Iraq but it's in the barn back in Texas. That's the one I intend to use after I retire next month.

Thanks! Can you post the official nomenclature? I can Google it if I know what the government has named it :-)

DEHew64

Jan 29, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Stinger
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will as soon as I get home. I think you would like it better

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of the newer vests are called MOLLE rigs. They come in a lot of different styles. From a full vest to a belly unit with shoulder straps. They have a woven strapping the is sewn on the outside for attachment points. They make 100's of bags and punches that can attach anywhere. Legitimate units can run you hundreds of dollars when your all done rigging them our.

http://www.opsgear.com/?skipmobile=1

You can get decent rigs from cheaperthandirt.com or try some of the air soft dealers.

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out this link. http://www.opsgear.com/?skipmobile=1

They have rigid belts that won't twist. You can attach various pouches to them. Great thing is, with 1 click, you can drop your gear.

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice site, good gear.

DEHew64

Jan 29, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Stinger
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you find what you were looking for? The prices were about right from what I could tell. There is no reason at all to spend more than 30 or 40 dollars on that vest. Some of the other sites were unreal on their prices.

I hope it works for you

OP
OP
hoosierguy

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pricing on that vest is ideal...would love to see how you have it outfitted. It looks like it would do well in summer heat too...you have any pics of how you have that vest rigged up?

Thanks!

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hoosierguy, how did your setup work out? I use an old duty belt w/ two pouches (one for keepers/one for trash). I have enough room for my digger, drywall saw, spare batteries, pepperspray, and my pinpointer. I occasionally carry my handgun. The only time it gets uncomfortable is when I'm lugging out iron while clearing a spot out. I'll snap some pictures to give you an idea of what it looks like...

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

I was stationed at Ft Irwin back in 82 and 83 I worked in the hospital ER. I did a google maps look at Irwin a month ago and it has grown a lot since I left there. Is the Hospital still called WEED?

Ca70

Jan 9, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000, GP3500 , Whites MXT Pro, GMT , Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher Gold Bug , Sun-Ray DX-1 probe, Falcon MD-20, Minelab PF-25
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-2843155645.jpg

Fairly inexpensive and easy . Most important , comfortable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread