I am looking for a water scoop for NE PA which I will use in streams, lakes, ponds

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swimming holes etc. I know there are a million discussions on scoops; I read them all. However, I really like the looks of the Goldscoops.com Henry Water Scoop, does anyone have any experience with this one? I want something light and not too big; I am old and have trouble getting around and the last thing I want to do is drag a Volkswagen around with me. I am pretty good at pin pointing and believe the 6" scoop will do what I want. And it weights in at 5.5 lbs. Wolt has been very good at answering all my questions in a timely manner which impresses me, whereas some of the other manufacturers don't even acknowledge my email. But I can't find any testimonials anywhere on this one and it will be expensive to own to only find out it can't do the job I need it for. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

hondapartshero

Jan 9, 2013
I bought two scoops similar to that one (beachmaster VI, pro forward) but not the long handle. I modified both using 1/2 conduit and some u bolts. I'm going to try them at the beach tomorrow and post a video on my youtube channel in my signature on how to make and how they do in wet and dry sand. Total cost is $48 to make yourself and its pretty sturdy and only weighs about 3 1/2 pounds.

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know how it works. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions