newbie here with a suggestion

N_E_W_D_I_G_G_E_R

Jun 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
fisher f2 double d and standard 8 inch coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi im new to the website this only my second post but, i couldnt afford to buy the fisher f2 and double d coil package , a pin pointer and buy a nice digging tool like the garret digger or the lesch digging tool so i went to aubuchon hardware and bought this

Fiskars Big Grip Garden Knife (7079-6935) at Aubuchon Hardware

first day out with it and for 10.00 it was amazing its light strong and makes for cutting plugs easy and awsome plus it has a really nice sharp edge for roots and stuff. again its just my opinion but for other newbs on here just starting its awsome first digging tool that wont break the bank also i was told lowes and home depot carries them but i also found one on ebay for 9.99 free ship. only thing is its pretty sharp so you have to be a little careful but it is an awsome tool for the price till i save up for a real digger.i am very happy with it only down side is no carrying sheath but it fit in my side ouch bag pretty good and it comes 116203_front500.jpg with a lifetime warrenty
just my opinion

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought this 1 from lowes for $10 it was my first digger Sharp as hell & from some research ive done its the exact same thing as a Jackson digger only only difference is handle on Jackson is black lowes is Blue & with jackson u get a nice sheath, but $10 verse $50 for the exact same tool was a no brainer. Cuts the plugs smooth & clean just like the garrett edge digger & the lesche

ForumRunner_20130615_081459.png

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
those fiskars are sharp too, gotta watch out for it stabbing you in the leg

OP
OP
N

N_E_W_D_I_G_G_E_R

Jun 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
fisher f2 double d and standard 8 inch coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea its awsome ive cut about 30 plugs and it works awsome only one band aid so far lol yea its pretty sharp but it works awsome just a good cheap alternative to the expensive till i can get a real digger wife says when i save up enough clad to buy one i can lol

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Lesche tools, and Predator tools are very expensive. For a reason!! Look around, you can find the Lesche digger for under $38 all day long! Amazon sells right/left and 2 sided.

I don't want to sound snobby, but Lesche is the preferred tool for a reason. Keep in mind...digging is HALF the battle!! That Fiskars is a great tool, I own one. But, when the digging gets tough, it can let you down.

Buy the right tool, one time. Its worth every penny.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yea its awsome ive cut about 30 plugs and it works awsome only one band aid so far lol yea its pretty sharp but it works awsome just a good cheap alternative to the expensive till i can get a real digger wife says when i save up enough clad to buy one i can lol

I hear ya. The blue one from Lowes has lasted a good long time and it cuts through pine tree roots easy. I save up my money and then before u know it. We end up with a collection of lesche tools. It has taken me a year to get the bomb sheath, T handle lesche, ground shark, 720i sand scoop. Another couple months I will be able to get my daughter the lesch T handle and the bomb sheath.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya. The blue one from Lowes has lasted a good long time and it cuts through pine tree roots easy. I save up my money and then before u know it. We end up with a collection of lesche tools. It has taken me a year to get the bomb sheath, T handle lesche, ground shark, 720i sand scoop. Another couple months I will be able to get my daughter the lesch T handle and the bomb sheath.

Just like my story started with the lowes then garret edge digger handle came off garret have me another one, got the left handed lesche trowel & the samson 18" t handle best tool ever & about to order both bomb sheaths lol cant wait

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
That T handles is great! Gives extra leverage.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That T handles is great! Gives extra leverage.

Absolutly me being 6'1" I thought noway to small Man im glad I didnt listen to me its perfect & I just just sent my payment in for the 2 bomb sheaths

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
Buzz Wilson does great work on the bomb sheath. I want to get the leather belt loop with sand scoop hook that he makes

dugin

Apr 6, 2013
southern IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 w/3 coil pack
Recent Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fiskars is the best tool I have bought for digging. I bought a lesch recently and am now back to using the fiskars. It does great with roots. Save your money and buy a fiskars. By the way I am willing to part with the lesch, only been used about 5 times.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fiskars is the best tool I have bought for digging. I bought a lesch recently and am now back to using the fiskars. It does great with roots. Save your money and buy a fiskars.

I know everyone has there own opinión what ah made u go back to the fiskar tool just curious

dugin

Apr 6, 2013
southern IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 w/3 coil pack
Recent Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know everyone has there own opinión what ah made u go back to the fiskar tool just curious

I don't need any other tools unless I get into a really large root. The fiskars has no problem with half inch roots. Just stab them and their they are in two pieces. The places where I dig are full of roots.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just was curious I myself have moved to using a,18", samson lesche big but not to big & in one of the bomb custom sheath looks even better works like a 6' shovel lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions