boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried it with a Whites Di6000 hipmount. Made an extended cable & filled the loop with a rubber compound from work to sink it. Sounded like a great idea for around docks & piers, but was a real pain. It'd be worth looking at now days since most of the loops are filled with epoxy. Get in touch with the manufacturer of your detector & see what it'd cost to build you a loop with the length of cable you'd need. Probably be a good idea to add a rope & bridal for strain relief.

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if any one has every tried to make one. I was looking at the pulse 10 by JW fishers but the price tag is over 5 grand! Wondering if you could make ur own for alot less.

I have thought about it. Seems like a trolling motor mount is all you need. There are lots of old trolling motors around that the mount could be removed and attached to metal detector and then clamped to the
boat transom. Also seems like one could just remove the coil from the metal detector shaft and attach it to a bracket similar to one used for a fish finder's transducer. I would probably attach the coil to a PVC pipe and have it set up in a bracket that could allow the coil to be raised and lowered as needed. It would be a challenge to do this on a deep lake or river, but shallow stream or bay would not be much of a problem.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread