How strong are predator tools?

Chris Miller

Jun 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking about picking up on of their shovels but I am wondering how strong these are for prying in rock heavy, compacted dirt / sand? They look great for cutting plugs in regular soil but i'm mostly concerned with the strength of the handle and blade when it comes to bending / prying as we do a lot of that out here.

Thanks in advance!

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same concerns as you. I live here in Georgia, where we dont have soil or sand, we have red iron clay stuff, that is full of granite, quartz, pyrite, and any other rocks you can think of. I decided on The Raven, cost a bit more but comes with a 5 year guarantee. I actually spoke with the man that makes these on the phone and he assured me I will not be able to break it in the next 5 years, and if some how I do he will send me another one.
The Raven

*** edit ... the only thing better than this shovel I think would be blasting caps LOL

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The predator tools r very strong they r from the maker of the lesche which is probly the most common digging tool for metsl detectorists made & have been around & top choice for those reasons warrenty,how its made,etc very good tools im using the left handed lesche & the 18" samson digger which r from the original desinger george lesche Long story isnt at that company & makes same tools at the predator now. The raven double blade is a awesome digger & soon will b added to the arsenal

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
You can't go wrong with any of their tools. I have literally used the hand digger as a pry bar on rocks with no problems at all. I have 4 of their shovels and two diggers, and wouldn't trade them for any other.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know about Predator, but I do like Estwing tools. They are well designed and very durable. Good pros use them.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know about Predator, but I do like Estwing tools. They are well designed and very durable. Good pros use them.

What kind of digging tools do they sell? I got a quick look at their website and didn't see any other than rock picks....

Last edited:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of digging tools do they sell? I got a quick look at their website and didn't see any other than rock picks....

A Pickaxe.

I have a long handled digging tool for loose rock, but I can't find it on their site. Maybe it's discontinued, but it sure is good.

OP
OP
C

Chris Miller

Jun 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, y'all! Put a Piranha - Model 35 with foot pads on order yesterday. Can't wait to try it out! :thumbsup:

Bub Luck - we have an estwing rock pick we bought for rock hunting out here and it's a great tool. Will have to check out that pickaxe too! :occasion14:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will absolutely love that Pirrana! I bought one of the first few George had for sale at a DIV meeting and will not use anything else! If you bend it, you probably are heating it with a torch first!

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a old kitchen knife that works great. Lol but as soon as I can I'm getting me a good hand knife. Walmart has one that looks pretty sturdy for 10 bucks, it's welded with nice thick steel and a solid handle. Wouldn't be bad for a couple time a week mder.

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
outside parks and gardens we may encounter so hard soils that only a small pick will do, specially during summer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions