Looking for a finds/tool pouch

drewpeacock44

Greenie
Jun 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried finding things from ammo pouches to tool belts to apron and just can't find anything that will work for me. I have a Lesche style digger, cen tech pin pointer (upgrading to pro pointer soon) and a small double sided tackle box for good finds about 4"x6"x2" I'd like something that can carry all my gear and serve as a finds pouch. Pls Pls Pls give me links to website to actually see them. Most forums I've looked at just say go to Menard or Lowes and look. I have and haven't found squat. Please help me. You're my only hope :-)

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my opinion would be to keep them seperate. The propointer comes with a sheath that slides onto a belt and there are several sheaths available for the lesche. You can also search this site for "Bomb sheath" Buzz hand makes these and offers for sale. I bought the "Bomb 2" which holds both my Leche and propointer. They are VERY well made and worth every penny. Mine is coming up on 1 years use and is holdin up rock solid.

I want both of these items to be be immediately available when needed. They can be "drawn" and put to use in 2-3 seconds when hung from a belt. Fumbling in a pack/pouch gets really old after a few hundred times and will add lots more time to recovery. Also gotta worry about lesche poking a hole in pouch or can slaw poking a hole in your hand as you fumble around and reach in if you mix the trash and tools.

I bought this pouch from Kellyco and am very happy with it. All mesh(very light) so dirt just shakes out, large main compartment (approx size 3 soda cans) with easy open velcro, 2 more secure close pockets (1 inside, 1 outside) for treasures. Cost was $18

I also carry a very small backpack (similar in size to a camelback) to carry water, snacks, wallet, keys, extra trash bags and that's where bigger trash items go that I haul out.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one finderskeepers said is a better choice for the pouch itself ull definetly want one with a mesh bottom for the dirt to fall off & out from ur finds I been using the garret camo one it is good but tends to fill up with dirt just ordered myself a mesh one. As of those bomb sheaths ur not gonna find any better everyone should have one lol got one for my hand lesche & 1 for my 18" samson lesche

ForumRunner_20130707_212820.png

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even a casual review of this Tool Shed forum will give you all the info you need. As finderkeepers posted, the ideal solutions are not all on one website, and some solutions are solely based on your preferences. The custom made items such as the Bomb sheaths, and the MilSpec items are probably the most effective, but as you would expect they cost more.

Good luck!

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I like plain and simple ,plus light weight. I love the old stlye vinyl pouches that you could hang on a cigarette lighter on your Dashboard. I'm still using one from about 15 years ago.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thr garret pouch dont get me wrong its a good affordable one i have 2 of the camo ones & the all black smaller one i really like them they have seperate pockets good finds & trash my only problem.was I was seein more dirt build up I think & its just an opinon from me id like a mesh bottom less dirt in the pouch will fall off ur finds as the dirt dries & water will come out as well. Its not a huge bad problem both types r affordable & well built I just think id prefer if choice was given mesh like the one finderskeepers was saying

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two of the Garrett bags, the camo digger and the all black one for trash. They are now my going light pack, and beach bags. Christoooo, I plan on punching three or four grommet holes in the bottom of each bag to help with the water and dirt. ;)
1612900 Garrett Camo Digger's Pouch
1601070 Treasure Digger Kit

For the hard core hunts I use the battle belt with the molle system(milspec). Much more comfortable while walking. I just use the one side for trash, the other side for the good stuff. Carry a few tools in the back bag, snacks, and bottle of water.
MDpack3.jpg

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy shi# looks like quite a bit to carry around

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's nothing! When archery season rolls around, I have my climber, bow, fanny pack. Sometimes its a long walk, sometimes its a short walk!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha hey ur having fun got what ya need getting finds its all good

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread