I modified my Limbsaver Metal Detector Sling.

songdog

May 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the Limbsaver Metal Detector sling, at Cabela's, to take some of the weight off when swinging all day, and to keep my detector out of the sand and mud when kneeling to dig.
I liked it as it was, but the small "snap / buckle" attachment that you put around the detector shaft was a PITA!
So I got to looking around my shop and first tried using a 1 1/4" metal ring and one of those "twist tie" thingies you can buy at the hardware store.
I put the snap buckle, on the sling, through the metal ring and used the twist tie to attach the ring to the detector shaft.
It worked OK, but I was not satisfied.
I looked around some more and found one of my "bungee cord tool holsters", you know, the one that has a ball end bungee cord that slips into a belt clip "holster".
So I took the belt clip holster and cut the back piece off, even with the ball holder, and slipped this onto the metal ring THAT WAS ON THE LIMBSAVER. I had removed the snap buckle strap already.
Then I put the bungee ball cord onto the detector shaft and secured it with a velcro strap to keep it from spinning around.
This works GREAT!
It is very fast to remove the detector from the sling when necessary and the detector is no longer sitting in the mud or sand when digging.
I don't have pics yet, but will try and get some, but the text should be pretty self explanatory.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty close to how the detecting buddy is desinged

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty close to how the detecting buddy is desinged

Detecting Buddy? Can you give me some more info on this product? Seems I've developed painful shooting pains from my upper back down through my arm and wrist. I'm looking for something that will allow me to swing yet takes the pressure off my hand/arm......really appreciate any help....

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting Buddy? Can you give me some more info on this product? Seems I've developed painful shooting pains from my upper back down through my arm and wrist. I'm looking for something that will allow me to swing yet takes the pressure off my hand/arm......really appreciate any help....

I just pm'd u the info on it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread