MilSpec Gear came today!

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my belt and big bag today from MilSpec! Very well made and comfortable.

MilSpec Bag-Belt.jpg

Last edited:

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today to my local military surplus store and bought me this after reading a post on here about it and I love the way it feels

image-2817713381.jpg

OP
OP
hoosierguy

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my belt and big bag today from MilSpec! Very well made and comfortable.

View attachment 827852

Went out today to my local military surplus store and bought me this after reading a post on here about it and I love the way it feels

View attachment 827893

;) That belt just feels lighter than the equipment it holds! Besides it is so customizable you can use what you want where you want! Look on ebay if you need certain items. That's where I bought mine.

How does that holder for the Pro Pointer feel while walking? It looks like it has a leg tie down.

OP
OP
hoosierguy

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The propointer holder works great.... Very snug fit. What you see is not a leg tie down, it just holds the end of the sheath together. It's made that way to let dirt fall through. The end of the sheath is not sewn.

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice stuff hoosier looks good, he definitely makes nice gear but the wait is a killer

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice work

ehudson80

Tenderfoot
Jun 7, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Detector(s) used
White's DFX * Garrett AT Pro * White's Bullseye II pinpointer * Vibra Probe 580 Waterproof pinpointer
I wish mine would... ordered a belt, sheath for my Lesche, booty bag, and AT Pro cover on July 14th. Van said I'd have it in plenty of time time for a group hunt I was going to on August 17th. I talked to him on July 30th to check the status of the order and he said he was swamped and my order was scheduled to be made that weekend. I talked to him last on August 14th and he said he was in the hospital the previous three days and the order was completed and he would ship on Friday, August 16th... still nothing. I understand he's a one man operation, and apparently having some medical issues, but honesty is always the best policy. He said he was turning down orders to get caught up ~ just be honest, and if it's going to take 8-12 weeks to get the order tell people that. It looks like quality stuff, and I don't mind waiting a bit, but right now I'm not sure what to think... ???

OP
OP
hoosierguy

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree...the quality of his products are top-notch, but his customer service is going to hurt his business reputation. Most likely he is overwhelmed by the demand.

Being up front by maybe posting realistic wait times on his website would be a help.

I wish mine would... ordered a belt, sheath for my Lesche, booty bag, and AT Pro cover on July 14th. Van said I'd have it in plenty of time time for a group hunt I was going to on August 17th. I talked to him on July 30th to check the status of the order and he said he was swamped and my order was scheduled to be made that weekend. I talked to him last on August 14th and he said he was in the hospital the previous three days and the order was completed and he would ship on Friday, August 16th... still nothing. I understand he's a one man operation, and apparently having some medical issues, but honesty is always the best policy. He said he was turning down orders to get caught up ~ just be honest, and if it's going to take 8-12 weeks to get the order tell people that. It looks like quality stuff, and I don't mind waiting a bit, but right now I'm not sure what to think... ???

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tools, and then there are tools!

I often wonder why some folks spend so much money for digging tools, when with a little ingenuity they could save a bundle.

What you see below is what I carry. The bag as it were is an Ideal Electrician's tool bag (part number 35-462). It sells for about $50, but I found one on the sale table at my local Home Disappointment for $25. The carry strap came with it. I added a shoulder pad (seat belt pad from AutoZone, ≈$3), added a bungie cord to my GTI-2500, and wallah, I have a detector support. All of the pouches carry my pinpointer, coin probe (a Garrett freebie), LED flashlight (I found in a park), mace (yes, you've gotta have that!), my digger knife, and my digger spade (a $10 special from Ace Hardware).

The digger shovel is held in place with three neodymium magnets. I paid $10 for it at Big Lots. One of my friends used a cutting torch to cut the ragged edge you see in the photo. It is sharp enough to cut through small rootlets. I even used it to dig a 4 foot deep hole to pull an old anvil out of the ground! (By the way, it wasn't worth the effort!)

There are three separate pockets in the Ideal bag, and I use one of those to hold my finds. My gloves, and spade occupy the other two.

I've been using the get up for about 5 years, and I can't think of anything I don't like about it.

kit.jpg

OP
OP
hoosierguy

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To each their own Alan...most people spend the money because they have it to spend, and want an item specifically made for the purpose. There are also some quality differences in some items.

The OP's post was more aimed at his frustration with the delay in getting something he's paid for...I too experienced that. It looks like you have a nice set of gear there...

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you JW. I don't know the guy well, but one of the really active detectorists in about town, paid some local seamstress big bucks to make him a pair of canvas pants! I have to admit they're handy, but having all of the weight on my legs would tire me out in no time! It may be my advancing age, however!

ehudson80

Tenderfoot
Jun 7, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Detector(s) used
White's DFX * Garrett AT Pro * White's Bullseye II pinpointer * Vibra Probe 580 Waterproof pinpointer
Still nothing... requested an order status update on Sept. 11 and was told it was shipped and that he would check receipts for tracking number. Another week gone by... no product or word about when I might get it. Order was placed July 14th

ehudson80

Tenderfoot
Jun 7, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Detector(s) used
Just wanted to update my posts, and say that I received my order Saturday, September 29... nothing missing, and everything looks great! I got the belt and everything put together and the cover on the AT Pro ~ as has been said before by many, the quality is first rate. Van, if you read these forums, I wish you nothing but the best and will continue praying the docs can work their magic on you and get you squared away soon. I'll try to upload a few pics in a bit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread