Got my HEAVY DUTY Leather Digger/Pro Pointer Sheath today

Pigstick

Jun 11, 2013
Full-time RVer
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used my standard issue cloth and plastic Garrett digger sheath for about a month now and as you can see in the photo, it has already started to shred. So today I got my upgrade!! Talk about HEAVY DUTY! This sheath fits my Garrett Digger and Pro Pointer perfectly. The really THICK leather, metal rivets and heavy stitching should last for a long long time. The Pro Pointer fits nice and snug and the bottom of the sheath is open to allow for the dirt to fall out after placing your dirty digger back into the sheath. It also comes with a small D-ring on the side.
digger2.jpg digger1.jpg 20130807_161532.jpg 20130807_161636.jpg 20130807_161337.jpg 20130807_161252.jpg 20130807_161231.jpg

If you happen to need a replacement I picked mine up from "Swingbot" who is a user on Treasurenet. Shipping was very quick, taking only two days and the craftsmanship and materials were even better than I had thought it would be. The price was $65, which I thought was a little high until I actually got my hands on this thing, it is certainly built to last. I will try to give a follow-up review of how it is holding up after I have used it for a month or two.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did it set you back?

OP
OP
Pigstick

Pigstick

Jun 11, 2013
Full-time RVer
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Casca, its listed just below the photos and that price included shipping.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Casca, its listed just below the photos and that price included shipping.

Alot of us detectorists have these there calles bomb sheaths buzz does awesome work, buddy of mine has one @ least 9 months old works & looks just as good as it did when he got it he's got a couple designs,& Ive seen em.in black & tan. Recently I noticed buzz also sella t-handle kits for the hand lesche another well built tool to make our digging easier & look good. These are my bomb sheaths he hooked me up & made 2 identical ones glad I did get compliments all the time

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130807_192348.png
    ForumRunner_20130807_192348.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 347
  • ForumRunner_20130807_192547.png
    ForumRunner_20130807_192547.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 317

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those look heavy duty but no way would I personally want them both in the same sheath.. I have my finds bag (nail bag) on my right hip, pinpointer on my left hip and lesche just to the right of my tailbone.. I set my tector' down and grab both the pinpointer and lesche at the same time.. Solid piece, just not for me

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The set up with the hand lesche & pinpointer is awesome less things to put on ur belt & its well balanced

OP
OP
Pigstick

Pigstick

Jun 11, 2013
Full-time RVer
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get what your saying Wit, I normally have my pointer on the left front hip and the digger on my right rear. I would also grab both the pointer and digger at the same time. I also often find myself working the detector in my right hand and carrying my digger in my left hand. I thought I would give the combo a try and see what position and method might work for me. Worse case, I go back to a separate holder for my pointer. We will see.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pigstick, how did you pay? Will he accept a check?

OP
OP
Pigstick

Pigstick

Jun 11, 2013
Full-time RVer
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I paid by PayPal, not sure what, if any other options he may accept.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get what your saying Wit, I normally have my pointer on the left front hip and the digger on my right rear. I would also grab both the pointer and digger at the same time. I also often find myself working the detector in my right hand and carrying my digger in my left hand. I thought I would give the combo a try and see what position and method might work for me. Worse case, I go back to a separate holder for my pointer. We will see.

So you will probably wear this in the back so you can grab both at the same time? The only problem I see you may have with that is if the pinpointer is angled to the side you would want it to be.. Looks like you'd be grabbing it with the left hand and the digger with the right.. I hope it works out for you.. Perhaps it's something people should think about before ordering.. I'm sure (positive, since I do leatherwork) that requests for the opposite angle could be met without creating any extra work for the maker.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There made in left .& right angle or side u just let buzz know & what color just google bomb sheaths they pop right up with info

OP
OP
Pigstick

Pigstick

Jun 11, 2013
Full-time RVer
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No no Wit, putting it on my back to grab both doesn't make any sense. What I am thinking of trying is "I thought I would give the combo a try and see what position and method might work for me. Worse case, I go back to a separate holder for my pointer. We will see.".

Quote Originally Posted by Pigstick View Post

So you will probably wear this in the back so you can grab both at the same time? The only problem I see you may have with that is if the pinpointer is angled to the side you would want it to be.. Looks like you'd be grabbing it with the left hand and the digger with the right.. I hope it works out for you.. Perhaps it's something people should think about before ordering.. I'm sure (positive, since I do leatherwork) that requests for the opposite angle could be met without creating any extra work for the maker.

swingbot

Jan 27, 2012
central Ca.
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys.. thanks for posting and I do make a sheath for the Garrett PP buy its self and a lesche sheath to match but it will be more to spend for it. If you need a sheath just let me know, send me an Email, [email protected] and the BOMB will be the last sheath you'll need. ;-)

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys.. thanks for posting and I do make a sheath for the Garrett PP buy its self and a lesche sheath to match but it will be more to spend for it. If you need a sheath just let me know, send me an Email, [email protected] and the BOMB will be the last sheath you'll need. ;-)

Definetly only one i need lol the pinpointer holder fits either my propointer or my profinder 25 big + very happy with it

swingbot

Jan 27, 2012
central Ca.
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Bud,, You been hitting the old cellar hole in your neck of the woods?

Definetly only one i need lol the pinpointer holder fits either my propointer or my profinder 25 big + very happy with it

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Course but has been slowing down Woods is starting to get really over grown. U turn that silver bar into a pendent yet?

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry my bomb right in front. When I hit a target I just kneel, dig then pin point. And Buzz, I'm working overtime trying to wear this sucker out but I think its gonna outlive me :)

Awesome workmanship, super heavy duty materials = a happy Fast Ed

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought one two months ago on a whim. I cannot see how to get along without one of these sheaths. Often I will go "stealth" by just having this one sheath on my right pants belt, and place my coins in my back pocket instead of getting out all of my gear. I have the cheaper sheath that has the pinpointer holder to the front of the sheath at a 90 degree rather than at an angle at the front of the sheath. I would like to hit Buzz up and see if he can do the same configuration as mine and add a small snap pouch to the front of the sheath so that finds and everything can be held in one small package. Super stealth, dual purpose sheath essentially.

My opinion that after having the basics, e.g. detector, pinpointer and digger, a Buzz Wilson sheath could be next logical purchase.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one two months ago on a whim. I cannot see how to get along without one of these sheaths. Often I will go "stealth" by just having this one sheath on my right pants belt, and place my coins in my back pocket instead of getting out all of my gear. I have the cheaper sheath that has the pinpointer holder to the front of the sheath at a 90 degree rather than at an angle at the front of the sheath. I would like to hit Buzz up and see if he can do the same configuration as mine and add a small snap pouch to the front of the sheath so that finds and everything can be held in one small package. Super stealth, dual purpose sheath essentially.

My opinion that after having the basics, e.g. detector, pinpointer and digger, a Buzz Wilson sheath could be next logical purchase.

I agree his sheaths r built to last buy once instead of buy cheap & mayb out in the feild lose a valuable tool or item,my opinión worth every penny

swingbot

Jan 27, 2012
central Ca.
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys! Thanks for the great input on my sheaths. I hope all is well and that the BOMB is serving you well. ;-)

Hey christo000,,, that AVATAR is SWEET!

And thanks for the thread Pigstick. ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread