digallday

Aug 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, 11"DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello.

First post on the forum!

I'm a beginner at metal detecting and in the process of buying stuff for the hobby.

I live in Sweden and here metal detecting isn't a very big hobby. It's difficult and expensive to buy MDs and accessories. The market is much bigger in the US, and it's cheaper.
I'm currently interested in head phones, digging tools, carry bag and rain cover for my Fisher F5.

Are there any dealers in the US that ship to Europe, and in this case, Sweden? And for a reasonable price? I don't want to spend more on shipping than the items I buy.

Hoping that someone can help me out.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
1st - While you are waiting for a response - I figured I would welcome you aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Other Countries for information related to Sweden.
metal_detector.gif
3rd - I did a quick search and found other member's in your country - here is just one: Detector partner in Sweden? (Jun 13, 2012)

OP
OP
D

digallday

Aug 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, 11"DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome. :)

I suppose treasurenet is mainly a US forum but I thought I'd give it a try. The "Other countries" sub-forum is quite small and not many Swedes hang out there.
The question is directed to american MD suppliers, and I guess they don't browse the Europe-subforum very often.
I was a bit uncertain about where to put the thread but since it's concerning tools I decided to put it here.

The only dealer I've contacted in the US is Kellyco detectors, but they didn't bother to answer.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if you cant find what your looking for in Sweden, then try Finland. There are several places that sell detectors there, and other equipment, most speak Swedish or at least English.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There may be individuals willing to sell and ship their detectors overseas. I have shipped items overseas and it isn't difficult, but it is harder to track and I don't think that USPS will carry insurance for overseas shipments. I can't remember. The costs for shipping sometimes isn't cheap so you may end up paying more. My guess is that a detector going to Sweden may be $50-70 for shipping.

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
I make some accessories for Minelab detectors as a hobby. Some get sold overseas. I mainly use USPS First Class International as it is the most reasonable but their tracking is very poor. Usually is 10 - 15 working days to Europe. Have had a few get lost or long delays to Eastern Europe (Russia, Ukraine, Germany, Lithuania) One ended up taking three months, also had one returned three months later.

It also expensive. This way is about 2 - 3 times higher than we would pay in the US for the same weight.
You can always go with Priority Mail but it is about double of the First class rate.

Examples:
1lb Priority mail in the US ~$5-7
1lb Int. First class to Europe ~$17
1lb Int. Priority mail to Europe ~$38
1lb Priority mail Express mail to Europe ~$50

Maybe try buying stuff from the UK? I know their prices are higher but closer shipping may be cheaper?
Try PMing some of the sponsoring dealers on that forum?

I have a detecting pen pal in Europe. He buys stuff here in the US and has it shipped to me. I send him a care package when it get up to ~4lbs USPS First Class limit. Sends me some nice silver coins as thank you gifts for my trouble.

Jeff

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread