A coil for a 1260x

gimper

Jul 25, 2013
Illinois far from Chicago
Detector(s) used
CZ-6, White's Eagle 1(both broken) Compass X-100 and no pen to point (why waste batteries)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello folks/ I am new to this fraternity of like-mined folks. But not to our shared passion.That of unlocking history and collecting a small piece of it. Started with a whites w/out disc n the late 60's . Wore out a great x-100 compass from 1985 up till recently. Years ago i bought a 1260x from a friend it works great. But i like to hunt the fields of long abandoned towns and home steads.found many civil war relics and even a few derringers 2 of which were reduced to just bronze barrels they were still loaded with lead and powder!Love the old coins esp. the large cents.The 1st one i dug up i wondered what in hell it was. Illinois sent many soldiers to fight in all our wars esp. in the civil war old Abe was ours. So we have many buttons and such civil war items.In one plowed field that once held a old long gone Meth. church i found over 65+ war buttons many were plow damaged but what a thrill was! Sorry to be so long winded but i was wondering if was possible to a get a say 10 or 11or larger coil for this old-timer 1260x it has a 5 pin plug on it. I think it would help it a lot on depth. I could perhaps inquire with fishers but i've seen more savy and knowledge on this site with you folks and who knows maybe one of you has 12incher for sale (coil) i mean :laughing7: thanks in advance Gimper from Altamont

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Give Bart a call (Big Boys Hobbies). He's a Fisher dealer, and I do know
they made a 10-1/2" Spider coil that fit the 1200X line. He should be able to get you
price and delivery.

OP
OP
gimper

gimper

Jul 25, 2013
Illinois far from Chicago
Detector(s) used
CZ-6, White's Eagle 1(both broken) Compass X-100 and no pen to point (why waste batteries)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks dizzy digger but search online on Big boys hobbies' site yielded no hit.That 1260x is probably too old for him to carry any thing for?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Big Boys, he can have Fisher send it to you once he gets the particulars for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread