My Home-made AT Pro Adventure Pack

cadavjo

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, been on this forum reading all your posts and decided to quick lurking and join in.

I got a Garrett AT Pro just over a month ago. I got a great deal at Cabela's, you could say I knew a person, and got my ATP for just over $350 brand new.

The only caveat, so I thought, was that I couldn't get the Adventure Pack because it wasn't a regularly stocked item. I priced the Adventure Pack items individually and at just over $120, I realized it was time to get creative.

My first hurdle to over come was a pouch and tool holder. I went to the local Menards, not sure if it is a national chain yet, but it is comparable to Lowe's or Home Depot; neither of which are within a couple hundred miles of me. I came up with this tool pouch that seemed alright. It has a place on the side to hold my trowel, however, I did have to do some stitch ripping to get it to fit. I got my digging tool from Target on clearance for under $4. It is a Fiskar's gardening tool and works really well. I was able to attach my Pro Pointer holster to the front where you would typically hold a tape measure, and I think it matches really well. It also has a deep pocket to be able to hold my finds. I realize that it doesn't have a flap to keep them from pouring out, I just have to hold off on the cartwheels; and believe me it takes all the self control I possess to prevent the impromptu idiocracy. It's really heavy duty and it has served its purpose for me really well. I think I paid just under $15 for the pouch.

Next was to find a case to protect the ATP itself. I had looked at Garrett's universal case, but damn do they want too much for that or what? I knew I could find something maybe remotely better, and hopefully a bit cheaper, too. I had been looking at gun/compound bow cases for a bit, but nothing really seemed like a possible candidate. Then today on a stroll through Walmart's outdoor section I saw a case that I thought had some potential. I did some quick thinking, which comprised of me making awkward faces and noises, to which my wife said: "You're really weird..." and I took it. I got it home and laid out the detector, shut the case and it fit. The next obvious step was to tear out all the foam pieces to create a nest for the detector. Sorry I didn't get a picture of the foam sheet intact, you get the idea, though. Got it all tore out and just as I wanted and was really happy with the result. It has a gasket around it to help keep moisture out. It also has 5 latches, which seems a bit excessive, but it is what it is. Two of the latches also have a lock on them that works with the key provided. The case cost just $60, making it cheaper and way more protective than the Garrett soft case.
I also added the tag incase anyone was interested in it as well.

So that is my home-made Adventure Pack for my AT Pro. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378629893187.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378629893187.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 210
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378629927207.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378629927207.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 214
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378629946766.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378629946766.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 241
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378629962219.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378629962219.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 192

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
1st - Noticed this is your first post. So, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - You didn't mention your state (or country) - but you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
metal_detector.gif
3rd - Super ideas (especially the tool holder) - thanks!

rbecker1967

Feb 9, 2013
Branson West,Mo.
Detector(s) used
MineLab Explorer SE
Hey guys, been on this forum reading all your posts and decided to quick lurking and join in.

I got a Garrett AT Pro just over a month ago. I got a great deal at Cabela's, you could say I knew a person, and got my ATP for just over $350 brand new.

The only caveat, so I thought, was that I couldn't get the Adventure Pack because it wasn't a regularly stocked item. I priced the Adventure Pack items individually and at just over $120, I realized it was time to get creative.

My first hurdle to over come was a pouch and tool holder. I went to the local Menards, not sure if it is a national chain yet, but it is comparable to Lowe's or Home Depot; neither of which are within a couple hundred miles of me. I came up with this tool pouch that seemed alright. It has a place on the side to hold my trowel, however, I did have to do some stitch ripping to get it to fit. I got my digging tool from Target on clearance for under $4. It is a Fiskar's gardening tool and works really well. I was able to attach my Pro Pointer holster to the front where you would typically hold a tape measure, and I think it matches really well. It also has a deep pocket to be able to hold my finds. I realize that it doesn't have a flap to keep them from pouring out, I just have to hold off on the cartwheels; and believe me it takes all the self control I possess to prevent the impromptu idiocracy. It's really heavy duty and it has served its purpose for me really well. I think I paid just under $15 for the pouch.

Next was to find a case to protect the ATP itself. I had looked at Garrett's universal case, but damn do they want too much for that or what? I knew I could find something maybe remotely better, and hopefully a bit cheaper, too. I had been looking at gun/compound bow cases for a bit, but nothing really seemed like a possible candidate. Then today on a stroll through Walmart's outdoor section I saw a case that I thought had some potential. I did some quick thinking, which comprised of me making awkward faces and noises, to which my wife said: "You're really weird..." and I took it. I got it home and laid out the detector, shut the case and it fit. The next obvious step was to tear out all the foam pieces to create a nest for the detector. Sorry I didn't get a picture of the foam sheet intact, you get the idea, though. Got it all tore out and just as I wanted and was really happy with the result. It has a gasket around it to help keep moisture out. It also has 5 latches, which seems a bit excessive, but it is what it is. Two of the latches also have a lock on them that works with the key provided. The case cost just $60, making it cheaper and way more protective than the Garrett soft case.
I also added the tag incase anyone was interested in it as well.

So that is my home-made Adventure Pack for my AT Pro. Thanks for reading.

Great idea. I love it.

OP
OP
C

cadavjo

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
1st - Noticed this is your first post. So, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - You didn't mention your state (or country) - but you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
metal_detector.gif
3rd - Super ideas (especially the tool holder) - thanks!

Sorry, I'm from Ashton, South Dakota, United States

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread