Need VERY sturdy tools!

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Phil_R

Mar 27, 2010
Live Oak, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Garrett / Minelab / Whites / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is probably a bit larger than you had in mind, but it does a good job of raking through soil and gravel.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Magnet in end of handle.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly the idea i had in mind only a small handheld one not that big. I have one by garrett but rarely take it with. The small garden trawl type is easier to take with.

wild eyed willey

Oct 25, 2012
Southbridge, MA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
what if you were to take piece of 3" steel pipe aprox 8 inches long, weld it to a smaller section of say 2' or 11/2 pipe. cut the business end at a slight angle and sharpen it to a slight pointed for cutting. Then hammer it into the ground as if to get a core sample. the fully enclosed sides would hold the plug together. The handle portion could be made to open part way up to allow a dowel or cylinder to poke out the plug. Should be very strong, cut a neat round plug and a strap could be easily affixed.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what if you were to take piece of 3" steel pipe aprox 8 inches long, weld it to a smaller section of say 2' or 11/2 pipe. cut the business end at a slight angle and sharpen it to a slight pointed for cutting. Then hammer it into the ground as if to get a core sample. the fully enclosed sides would hold the plug together. The handle portion could be made to open part way up to allow a dowel or cylinder to poke out the plug. Should be very strong, cut a neat round plug and a strap could be easily affixed.

Only way to know is try it right

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of these works great for getting through to just below the surface covered treasure.
Not sure if I could put the direct link on here but just Google " MF1 Magic Fingers " and you should find it. It is very useful and made by Keene Engineering. I have it in their catalog but couldn't seem to find it on their web site.

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I leasche is what you are looking for...I have went thru alot of these other diggers mentioned....just not worth the headache..Nothing sucks more then gettign gear up to detect and the damn shovel breaks 20 mins into it...Dont waste your time with the Garrett Digger...Im a die hard garrett guy...and i know they are junk...in fact there are a few threads talking about that.

good luck!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I leasche is what you are looking for...I have went thru alot of these other diggers mentioned....just not worth the headache..Nothing sucks more then gettign gear up to detect and the damn shovel breaks 20 mins into it...Dont waste your time with the Garrett Digger...Im a die hard garrett guy...and i know they are junk...in fact there are a few threads talking about that.

good luck!

Out of curiosity Why is the garret este digger junk ? Cuz the rubber handle slides off the steal is the same as a lesche I have all of them I use em both & each have there ups & downs, but like is,always said to each is own right

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of curiosity Why is the garret este digger junk ? Cuz the rubber handle slides off the steal is the same as a lesche I have all of them I use em both & each have there ups & downs, but like is,always said to each is own right
ive never had an issue in 4 years..nor has my 2 huntin buddies that used them...you get what you pay for

Outbackwack

Oct 1, 2013
Boston, Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (8.5x11.5, 5x8), White's Eagle Spectrum, Garrett Pro Pointer, ZenBori
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Wilcox looks nice! I have the Garrett and a ZenBori and both work great, so I'll stick with them until they break. And I have very rocky glacial till around here.

zen.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions