Modifying a Lesche.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Probably been covered before, but in case anyone missed it...

I'd highly recommend grinding a saddle and welding in a piece of round stock or the like giving your Lesche a T-handle. Great for the rocky soil and limestone outcroppings we got down here in the Hill Country... Allows for a lot more leverage.

While your at it, get ya a foot or so of scrap 1.5" Schedule 40 and a pot of boiling water on the stove.... Heat and mash between the countertop and a flat heavy surface ( a butcher block cutting board works damn good ).

Then do a bit of touch up with a dremel/drill/file/etc.... And you got yourself a heavy duty, low profile sheath for your digger.

I tend to use a sling style setup I put together from a dump bag I used downrange. Added in a cheap "leather" double-forked belt from Walmart... If ya want a sling style go with a big boy belt, I think mine was like a waist size 52... Hangs perfect between my armpit and hip.
I'm 6' tall for reference.

If ya get the belt length right, the rig won't swing around and get in the way when ya get down to dig, and if ya throw it around towards your back she stays put.

Been using this rig for 18 months and got no complaints. Comfortable, light, and holds a ton of stuff (trash finds, a small 4 compartment Plano tackle box with cotton balls for delicate and small finds, and even a bottle or two of water).

Photos are kinda rough, so bear with me.
This was before I found the right spray paint to give it a flat black, durable, non gloss coat.

Attachments

• image-115927641.png
    image-115927641.png
    599 KB · Views: 209
  • image-1919436774.png
    image-1919436774.png
    586.3 KB · Views: 244
  • image-2173460060.png
    image-2173460060.png
    681.3 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya ur right this has been mentioned ah the guy on here buzz that actually makes the sheaths for the lesche tools (bomb sheath) he makes the ad on t-handles I beleive they are on his site aswell. Great ad on lots more leverage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions