Whites New Pinpointer!

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bullseye but it is about seven years old an been though a lot just wondering what the depth would be an if you think it could stand up to the Garrett? Couse I would like to stick with the whites to go with my MD.

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm excited about this, the garrett is the king of falsing, and this might be better than the minelab.

I think I'll get it

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm saving now, only gripe is I was hoping they would have there own full design I mean it does look awfully familiar to a couple others I know of. Very curious how its gonna stack up, guess I'm just gonna have to try it

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny how similar to the Garrett & Minelab it is.

I don't like the Auto power off but

if $40.00 ? I'll order one

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$40 ya y not I believe price is $145 for em. Just funny how it took so long to come out when stinks but it is a copy of the minelabe & garret priced rightvin the middle of the 2. Will be intresting to hear how it compares to them but I thinkvti get a real comparison its gonna take a year or so with quite a few owners in various environments

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$40 ya y not I believe price is $145 for em. Just funny how it took so long to come out when stinks but it is a copy of the minelabe & garret priced rightvin the middle of the 2. Will be intresting to hear how it compares to them but I thinkvti get a real comparison its gonna take a year or so with quite a few owners in various environments

Correct ! the ad says goes deeper but that's an add, I'm sure all their Loyal
Dealers & users will agree with :laughing7:

fact is I paid more then enough for the original (Garrett) model.
so in order to sell me the same thing with a different brand name,
I would need to be given one closer to cost, in order to try it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct ! the ad says goes deeper but that's an add, I'm sure all their Loyal
Dealers & users will agree with :laughing7:

fact is I paid more then enough for the original (Garrett) model.
so in order to sell me the same thing with a different brand name,
I would need to be given one closer to cost, in order to try it.

Exactly. Ud think it would have taken less then the what 3 years or so to make one in basically the same body as the others. I would think that they would want to stand apart from the competition not make the same thing with a different name on it. Time will tell

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read everything that I could find on the net about this new item. The comparison to present pointers other than appearance is about all that can be said at this point. The advertised better dust and moisture protection and replaceable shell are areas that needed improvement. The much deeper sensing is where it really got my attention. If what is being advertised actually becomes fact then I think there may be a lot of GPP's hitting the used market.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read everything that I could find on the net about this new item. The comparison to present pointers other than appearance is about all that can be said at this point. The advertised better dust and moisture protection and replaceable shell are areas that needed improvement. The much deeper sensing is where it really got my attention. If what is being advertised actually becomes fact then I think there may be a lot of GPP's hitting the used market.

Thing is how much more depth could it really get its basically still a,1" coil & the garret, minelabe are gettin a good close depth given the minelabe a slight advantage over the garret & now the whites with its adjustable sensitivity, there even pretty close to the. Sunray that runs off an actual detector. They all say there getting the best depth I myself enjoy using well did enjoy using said 3 pinpointers which all said the same thing over the competition, I just don't see it given really the same body as 2 of the top sellers any more then what they are getting now. More a selling tactic

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice they don't actually say what depth it gives! Hum!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice they don't actually say what depth it gives! Hum!

Judging from one of the comments made on another forum by an individual who has had hands on use, stated that it would exceed current market pointers. If that holds up, there will be a couple in my tote box.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exceed tho by how much? I would think to give specific rather than General info would give it credibility!

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Garret has a great product,but you have to know the tricks of modifications on them to make them stand out above the rest.
Whites is very reputable and hope they do better than Garrett at getting the bugs out BEFORE they put it on the market.Any idea if the Whites is water proof?

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Automatic power off...Does that mean you have to hold the power button for on or does it mean it shuts itself off after a period of time if left on? If it's a push & hold I have ZERO interest no matter how well it performs.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea if the Whites is water proof?

"Weatherproof" design

Not water proof , but the statement "Weatherproof" will fool a few

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one of the comments: I agree with you Fox! It is definitely the best pinpointer that I have ever used. My comparison testing with the competition gave obvious results that showed the competition was not even remotely close in performance, and depth. I am sure White's official announcement will clarify all questions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions