Anyone use the Relic Elite Metal Detector Pouch???

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
utyma4uv.jpg

Different pic of bag (and first wedding ring)

Personally I couldn't/wouldn't use a smaller one. As I like to have a drop cloth/ towel to place dirt if i need to dig deeper than plug. And this pouch fits my towel and all the normal trash I'll dig up in a few hours.
I do use a simple uncle mikes small gun pouch for finds bag when I'm out hiking around in fields or mountains. But for everyday coin/ Jewelry hunting I don't think this bag can be beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for posting about this finds back.

I REALLY like the looks of it, but I can't do the built in belt. They should have made the bag sleeved and just included a belt if they wanted. If it didn't have a built in belt I would buy it. I use the Minelab Pro Swing and last thing I want is another belt in the mix.

In the past I have used the Maxpedition Rollypoly

I liked it a lot, because it has a sleeve, but it also has a clip at the top so you can hang it from any belt using a Tac Tie

The bag also has a drain hole at the bottom. The weakness of the Maxpedition bag is it doesn't have a zipper compartment.

I recently picked up this Minelab Finds Bag. Its very well made, out of a durable waterproof treated canvas. It also doesn't have a zipper pouch. It does have a divider in it, so I keep a small zip lock in one of them. I wish the top snapped shot or velcroed. I can certainly add a snap, which I will do. It doesn't have a loop for a pinpointer though, I really like that about the Relic Elite………I am hoping they make one with a removalable belt so I can use my own belt!

OP
OP
falconman515

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I linked this thread to the guy who makes these and sells them online and eBay so hopefully he is looking at this thread for people thoughts and concerns.

I do agree the built in belt is a disadvantage .... they should provide a belt but not connected.

crank bait

Nov 2, 2013
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yea they work gr8, the stitching is top of line, the fabric is gr8. You wont be be sorry if you purchase one. Lannie PS mine is about 1 year old I typical hunt 3 or 4 times a week in summer, summer in IN. is March through Nov. for MD

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WP_20140612_006.jpg
I use this pouch. It can be found at any Walmart for about $2.50. Works great and is washable. As you can see mine needs it. Perfect for me. Two pockets, one for trash and the other for finds. I have a belt that holds my digger on one side and my pro-pointer on the other. This is in the middle. Works great. If it wears out just a couple bucks for another.

gfordtx

Jul 16, 2013
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 + Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the Green Relic Elite Pouch and love it.
I use a CTX 3030 and this pouch gives me a zippered pocket for coins and other valuable found items, a nice place on the front for my Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, and a choice of places for my Lesche Tool either in the back pocket or on the belt.
The large main compartment has a mesh bottom and it has plenty of space for trash and less valuable finds that allow dirt and other crud to sift off as you move around and spare some of it getting in your vehicle. It is made from better quality materials than several other name brand pouches from certain Detector manufacturers. I wouldn't want it any smaller than it is now, and after 2 years there is no frayed edges or other issues taht made me toss other bags in 6 months to 1 year after getting them.

crank bait

Nov 2, 2013
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive used on of these for 2 years and find it to be top quality and very user friendly. A bit pricey but it will out live me proly. LOL

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I finally went with the Coin Elite by Omegamill = right at $30. I'd hit the water with my Minelab pouch and had a pouch full of water - no drainage. The Coin Elite does have a mesh bottom and it drains = one less pain in the buttocks to worry about.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOVE LOVE LOVE the OmegaMills pouches! I highly recommend them!

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a great review ... I kinda wish the pouch wasn't So big really (wide I mean, the overall size it good but it seems like it stick out way to far from your body) but I think with what it has and the pin-pointer holder etc. makes it a great all around pouch ... I really haven't one like it yet.

I ordered 1 and it just arrived in today's mail. I haven't got to see or try it yet because I'm out metal detecting at the moment! ;-) My ONLY concern is about the size too. I've been using the Garrett pouch which has worked well for me the past 3 years and it's size has been perfect for me, I don't like things on my belt line sticking way out (got enough of my own self sticking out past my damn belt already!) so hope I'm not shocked by a big box like pouch but we'll see. I'll write more after I try it out. Hmm on the other hand maybe it'll be big enough to also function as a holster while I'm out hunting. That'd be a plus!

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use this style. Has a wide padded waist belt and the bags clip on and strap around your upper leg. They have multiple pockets inside. Basically tactical leg bags. This is the style I use only in black. Comfortable all day for me and low weight. Holds lots. I put iron and junk junk in one side and good stuff in the other until I'm off balance. GreenHat has seen them.
View attachment 989109

That rig looks nice!!! If the one I ordered don't work out, or even if it does I think I'll order this one!!! I haven't read far enough to notice if price and manufacturer info was listed but I'm hoping it is! Thanks for posting this cool gadget! Looks like it'll be great for other things tactical too.

Wonder if they're big enough to handle my 44? Unfortunately I'm not talking caliber here.

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be looking to buy a pouch after I get my detector and this one looks...

View attachment 985139

A bit bulky for my tastes, but looks like it could hold a water bottle and small camera. ^_^

I'm liking my .98 cent, two pocket nail apron from Home Depot or Lowes (Lowes is thicker, tougher).

Apron at Lowes

I keep trash in the left pocket (bottlecaps, pulltabs, bullet shells, etc.), and coins / keeper finds in the right pocket.
Been dyeing my aprons in some dark green RIT, so you don't see dirt or the logo.

I have my digger (knife) sheath on my left side, hanging off a thick leather belt, and my TRX pinpointer hanging over my right butt cheek. Nothing to get in the way of swinging the detector or my headphone cord.

sapper

Jun 7, 2013
These are AWESOME finds pouches. I've gone through several others before landing on this brand. They come in two sizes, coin and relic. I have both of them. If you just cherry pick and dig small items these pouches may not be for you. But if you're serious about detecting these pouches take a beating and keep going. No rips, frays, or holes in mine and i've jammed all sorts of rusty iron into them until they're chock full. Garret pouches suck, minelab pouches suck. Those are made for light duty and the bottoms will rip out with any semi heavy or sharp object that you put into it. The mesh bottoms in these Elite pouches are crucial and if youve never had a mesh bottom pouch before i highly suggest you use one. You'll never go back. The mesh in these pouches are built to last, not some cheap stitched on screen.

Overall these are rugged, mil-spec type bags, well well worth the money. Only qualm is the non-removable belt, but that is negligible compared to the quality of the bag. If you are worried about bulkiness get the smaller one, and if you are still worried, dont be, because they break in really nice after some use and become flexible and less bulky. OVERALL RECOMMEND HIGHLY. Ill never buy another bag unless they make a newer model.

sapper

Jun 7, 2013
Yeah, if you solely hunt open parks and enjoy digging around a second time in dirt to retrieve your finds from the pouch. Also add a sheath for your pointer now, and also a sheath for your digger and also dont plan on putting your phone or keys in there and also dont plan on bringing anything else, ie camera, probe, wallet, towel. And what about those precious finds that you dont want to lose? Chances are pretty fair something could fall out of those carpenters aprons. No offense brother, but these pouches are nasty looking, primitive, and dont allow much room for anything but clad coins and bottle caps from under the slide. I do not recommend any serious detector using a carpenters apron. Especially if your'e doing a lot of permissions. Get something professional looking and multi-functional.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Relic Elite. The only thing I found elite about it is the price. I absolutely hate the thing. I've used it once.

For starters, the sewn-in belt is a deal-breaker for me. Also, if you're a heavy-set guy, there's a good chance you won't be able to buckle the thing, as the belt is nowhere near long enough.

I did find the perfect pouch for me, however. It's a magazine dump pouch. They sell them on Amazon. It has an elastic drawstring closure that can be opened with one hand. The thing is lightweight yet durable. Also, it snaps to your existing belt. And when I say snaps, that means you don't have to take your belt off and thread it through the pouch. The pouch snaps on with two molle straps.

But you should go ahead and buy the Relic Elite for yourself so you can see exactly what I'm talking about. And who knows, you might actually like it. It seems lots of people do. It just wasn't for me at all.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the maxpedition.. its great... plus they have a sale this week.. look at my sling bag!!:icon_thumleft:

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey If anyone out there has a used Relic Elite Metal Detecting pouch that you want to sell - let me know - Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread