Anyone use the Relic Elite Metal Detector Pouch???

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be looking to buy a pouch after I get my detector and this one looks KILLER.

Curious if anyone out there is currently using one of these and how you like it???

:thumbsup:

-Has main large open pocket with 4 separate dividers inside for different tools etc. (mesh bottom)
-Has one large corner velroed pocket ... maybe a good spot for a small water bottle or cell phone possibly
-One outside large zippered pocket for the good stuff.
-One hidden pouch in the back bottom for the really good valuables .... just a neat extra little spot I guess.
-And the ultra cool pin-pointer slot (that's fits the garrett or minelab)
-And comes with the belt built in.
-Heavy Mesh bottom to let dirt sift out easy.
-Military grade material with good stitching it says
- D-Ring to hang stuff

PRODUCT DETAILS:

From the "Elite series", the Relic Elite is the ultimate digging pouch for the serious and professional. Military Grade design and construction. A very special feature of the Relic Elite is it can hold a Garrett pinpointer on the side. Also holds the new Minelab Pro-Find 25 probe. No more fumbling around looking for your pinpointer, with the Relic Elite the Pro Pointer is right at the side and you know where to get it when that signal comes from your machine. Pockets? With the holder for the Garrett probe the Relic Elite has a total of 8! A generous pocket is in the front with a zipper closure, another side pocket to hold spare batteries, etc. Four more pockets are on the fully lined inside where you can place a coin popper, treasure scoop and a variety of tools that you would use. And just like the Sure Elite, the Relic Elite also has a hidden pocket on the back for those really special finds.

The Relic Elite is made with stiff sides and will remain open to about 6". A heavy mesh bottom allows dirt to pass through.

A 1 1'2" Dee ring is on the top so you can attach items such as gloves, etc. The Relic Elite is truly a versatile unit to carry a variety of equipment.

The belt is constructed in three layers on the pouch with extreme strength. A portion of the belt is reinforced with SCUBA web so you can carry heavy digging tools such as the #85 or even a Raptor from Predator Tools. No sagging from a whimpy belt here the Relic Elite is made to hold the better grade digging tools that a professional would use.

Made in the USA with Cordura

$(KGrHqVHJFIFJOovYnVWBSYpQbzcqw~~60_12.JPG
$T2eC16h,!ygFIjjtjL6VBSYqP)UCPg~~60_12.JPG
$T2eC16J,!yQFIjWItk3OBSYqPzyukg~~60_12.JPG
$T2eC16JHJGUFFh0+e+heBSYpQdh-5!~~60_12.JPG
$(KGrHqN,!pEFJCuHe4I(BSYqPvG8zQ~~60_12.JPG
$T2eC16J,!zoFJK2))7KFBSYqP1hY(!~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
falconman515

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guess no one uses these huh?

That makes me want one more! :)

jwbro

Mar 25, 2014
Blue Ridge, Va
Detector(s) used
White's QXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't seen one before, but looks like something I could use. Thanks.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazon's price is at $42.50 + shipping

Amazon only has one review on this bag = 5 stars.

Best pouch I have found for metal detecting.
By Firemedic on January 7, 2014
Verified Purchase
After seeing this item and trading a few emails with the seller, I ordered this pouch. I've tried a sorts of pouches from nail aprons to fanny packs, to carpenter tool pouches....the list goes on and on. I knew the instant I took this out of the package that I had finally found a quality pouch for metal detecting. The seams are sewn neatly and the pouch is very sturdy. The mesh bottom is great for letting the dirt or sand sift away while holding your finds. It has a custom loop that fits my Garret ProPointer perfectly and my Lesche digger fits smoothly into its designated spot as well. The zippers are high quality and the fabric is very durable as well as the belt and buckle.
Anyone that is wondering if this item is a bit pricey (I did), trust me, you will not be disappointed in the quality and workmanship of this pouch. I stopped and thought about all of the various pouches I've tried over the years and if you add up all of the money spent, I only wish that I had found this one sooner! The seller is quick to respond to emailed questions and he even customized the length of the belt for me. OmegaMill, you have earned my business and I look forward to purchasing more of your quality products. I also liked the fact that this item is made in the USA.

OP
OP
falconman515

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a great review ... I kinda wish the pouch wasn't So big really (wide I mean, the overall size it good but it seems like it stick out way to far from your body) but I think with what it has and the pin-pointer holder etc. makes it a great all around pouch ... I really haven't one like it yet.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My ex made me an apron in the '80s which was better than the standard market items now. Geez, and I was at Goodwill today and could have picked up a Singer for $25 and made my own apron....

I've looked at so many, and none of them seem to fill the needs I think I have. And, I agree with you, I wish this one wasn't so big. When something just doesn't "stick", it's hard to spend $42.50 plus shipping just to receive it and hate it.... But then, they can't make them custom for everyone. Bad pouches actually distract you from what you're doing..... Should have picked up the Singer - but then I've never used one. I'd probably put a needle through my finger or something.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the design with the pinpointer holder, but the pouch is just way too big for my taste. I e-mailed the maker and suggested they make a smaller version which they do, I think they call it the "coin elite" but it doesn't have a pinpointer holder. I don't like having a huge pouch on my waist. They said they weren't planning on making a smaller model, but perhaps if enough folks ask they will in the future. I still use a simple pouch made from the bottom of my old girlfriend's blue jeans leg bottom forty some years ago, it's all I need. Just sewed the bottom closed and sewed a channel in the other end for a drawstring. Drawstring fits any belt size, it'll last forever and cost practically nothing.

OP
OP
falconman515

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like the design with the pinpointer holder, but the pouch is just way too big for my taste. I e-mailed the maker and suggested they make a smaller version which they do, I think they call it the "coin elite" but it doesn't have a pinpointer holder. I don't like having a huge pouch on my waist. They said they weren't planning on making a smaller model, but perhaps if enough folks ask they will in the future. I still use a simple pouch made from the bottom of my old girlfriend's blue jeans leg bottom forty some years ago, it's all I need. Just sewed the bottom closed and sewed a channel in the other end for a drawstring. Drawstring fits any belt size, it'll last forever and cost practically nothing.

I sent him a message as well letting him know our thoughts on the size and he said he will start working on a Relic Elite Jr. pouch very soon and let me know when it's done.

I said it need to be smaller, not stick out form the hip so much and the main pouch doesn't need to be so bulky etc. but still keep the outside zippered pocket for good find, and a couple pouches on the side wall as well on the smaller main bag and mainly for sure need to keep the pin-pointer holder spot as well.

So we'll see what he comes up with I guess ... who knows if it's a few weeks few months or a few years but I'll let this thread know when I know something.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I told him it needn't be more than 7" deep top to bottom, 5" wide side to side and 3" wide out from the hip, and with the pinpointer holder, to me that would do well for general coin hunting and cellar hole hunting. Less to snag in the woods, would still hold plenty of trash. I usually put anything good I find in a pants pocket anyways, although I must admit the shell casings, bullets, shotgun shell ends, lipstick tubes, etc, and most all iron goes straight in the trash bag.

JASinBTCT

Aug 20, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Deteknix X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one recently. It's very well-made, roomy and holds my Lesche, T-12, Pro Pointer and, if I wish, significantly more with ease. I only wish it had the option to remove the included belt and hang it on my own preferred belt. Also, youngsters and/or smaller guys and gals may find it to be a bit bulky. Nonetheless, IMHO, it's one of the best tool/finds pouches I've come across yet.

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is definitely a nice bag. I too have been looking for a better pouch than what the machine makers are putting out. Have you guys seen or used any Kingdigger pouches or other products? They have several MilSpec pouches and they also make stainless steel diggers that I am liking. They are in the UK so price plus shipping is a little high but... Here's the pouch I am leaning towards. They also make a lanyanrd ring for the Garrett Pro Pointer that I plan on getting.
KingDigger Multi Pouch

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That is definitely a nice bag. I too have been looking for a better pouch than what the machine makers are putting out. Have you guys seen or used any Kingdigger pouches or other products? They have several MilSpec pouches and they also make stainless steel diggers that I am liking. They are in the UK so price plus shipping is a little high but... Here's the pouch I am leaning towards. They also make a lanyanrd ring for the Garrett Pro Pointer that I plan on getting.

I like (think I like - might be different once I tried it) the idea of the leg strap to keep the bag from flopping around. This does have a solid bottom where the Omegamill's has the mesh bottom to allow the dirt to escape.

As for an attached belt as per the comment by JASinBTCT, I don't know. I really don't like having to take my personal belt out of it's loops to support the bag, makes it unstable. I want the bag to have its' own belt.

It would be great to morph these two bags to make one better one!

OP
OP
falconman515

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya I don't like the flap on the top really or there is no spots really made for the digger or the pin-pointer like the Relic Elite ... but size is nice though for sure and great little extra pockets etc.

Would like to see the Relic Elite Jr. with a removable belt as well (just like one member has talked about in a few replies up from this) ... be good to use you own we prefer.

I think if they make this bag I OP'ed smaller soon it would be a complete WINNER!

I'm going to send him this thread so he see's the interest in it and maybe will start working on a "JR." version sooner then later as I think that is the ONE thing thing bag needs.

Last edited:

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They also have this style which does have a pointer holder.
224709088.jpg

I have a guy I hunt with that has some drop leg pouches similar to the one above that I really like. He said he didn't think they were made anymore. I like having some pockets to keep extra batteries and whatever else. I'm more of a better to have and not need than need and not have guy. I always bring too much crap out with me lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
falconman515

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't say I care for the ones pictured above ... one looks like Fanny Pack (ya...no.... where do I put my tool to? it's not really a pouch I don't think) and the other seems okay but I would not want a pouch with a flap over the top like that is all.

strycker

Mar 26, 2013
Winchester, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD, White's TDI, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use this style. Has a wide padded waist belt and the bags clip on and strap around your upper leg. They have multiple pockets inside. Basically tactical leg bags. This is the style I use only in black. Comfortable all day for me and low weight. Holds lots. I put iron and junk junk in one side and good stuff in the other until I'm off balance. GreenHat has seen them.
image.jpg

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use this style. Has a wide padded waist belt and the bags clip on and strap around your upper leg. They have multiple pockets inside. Basically tactical leg bags. This is the style I use only in black. Comfortable all day for me and low weight. Holds lots. I put iron and junk junk in one side and good stuff in the other until I'm off balance. GreenHat has seen them.
View attachment 989109

I have seen them and they are a nice piece of gear and completely make sense and if the 12 dollar pouch from china doesn't work out I am going to order them.

CoinKracken

May 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. I suggest also looking at some tool/utility belts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love mine!
8agubymy.jpg

Found that sliding the factory lesche sheath into the rear pocket works great and takes away the large "knife" sheath profile from belt.
Top notch quality and I really wouldn't want any changes except I might add small coin slot with fabric valve to main coin pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread