Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a minelab Excal 1000 with a Detech 15x12 Butterfly coil. I have it mounted on an Anderson straight shaft. I had one of the rubber washers that holds the coil in place rip and fall apart. I ordered the standard replacement washers that are made for the Anderson shaft but it won't hold my coil in place. It wobbles and stays loose. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to where I can get a replacement washer? Kellyco does not have them on their site for the Detech coil and the Anderson replacement does not work. Any other suggestions would be great. I believe the nylon screw is 1/4 inch by 2. I need to make the coil so it wont wobble and stay in place when searching. Thank you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a minelab Excal 1000 with a Detech 15x12 Butterfly coil. I have it mounted on an Anderson straight shaft. I had one of the rubber washers that holds the coil in place rip and fall apart. I ordered the standard replacement washers that are made for the Anderson shaft but it won't hold my coil in place. It wobbles and stays loose. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to where I can get a replacement washer? Kellyco does not have them on their site for the Detech coil and the Anderson replacement does not work. Any other suggestions would be great. I believe the nylon screw is 1/4 inch by 2. I need to make the coil so it wont wobble and stay in place when searching. Thank you.

I would get rid of the anderson lower shaft and use the stock shaft from Minelab. I have 3 Detech coils, 2 12x15 and a 15x18 and never had issues with washers using them.... I made my own straight shaft for both my excals for $25 each total $50 for 2.....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I made this out of some plastic sheet to stabilize the coil on the Surf PI Dual Field!
In the small holes I attach it with a zip tie. the larger hole is for the coil bolt and nut!

Best of Luck!
Coil Stabilizer.jpg

Surfmaster

Jun 10, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur 1000 & 800, Sovereign Elite & GT
Get your rods from Plugger...higher quality, better material and workmanship and price is very competitive....Rodsbyplugger.com

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the problem is that the washers just aren't thick enough just go to the hardware store and get some thin fiber or rubber washers and shim the originals up. This is a common problem with aftermarket shafts and coils and easily remedied. I had to get an extra thin fiber washer to get my Coiltec WOT coil to fit nicely on my Safari shaft. You can usually get several for a dollar or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread