Looking at ATX, excaliber II different machines?

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for a pulse induction water machine. I've searched ATX VS Ecal and nothing comes up. My guess is two totally different machines. I currently own an Xterra 705 gold (Love it) and an older MXT. Both struggle near water but more than that, I'm looking for waterproof and the depth of a Pulse induction machine. I saw the ATX pick up a nickel on YouTube at 16" on the wet sand, does it compare to the excaliber? I've been set on the excaliber II but stumbled on the ATX depth test and it looks impressive. I've tried explaining detectors to friends and know it's tuff so I thank you in advance for your time. I'd be hunting the west coast SF area. But I live near productive rivers. I won't be going 200' deep but maybe 20'-30'.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ATX has minimal discrimination as compared to the Excalibur.... And is only waterproof to 10'. It's really not a diving machine, but made for shallow water hunting. It would definitely have more depth in areas you can use it, but to go to 20-30 foot depths you'd need the Excalibur.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread