Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the last digging shovel you will ever buy, once you've used lesser tools! They are expensive because of the materials and craftsmanship that go into building quality tools.

I have the Model 45 long handle version and really like it when relic hunting or trekking down the river banks. I bought it in person from Mr Lesche himself. He told me he was quitting making these because of the aggravation/ cost/ profit ratio. I've been a machinist/ fabricator for 28 years and immediately saw how much quality goes into these tools. It can be used like a shovel, hoe or a machete on roots.
I also have the Mauler which is ok except the handle is a little short if your areas are hard packed clay. I found this out the hard way.
Lastly, the Raptor model 31 is an awesome tool anywhere you use it!

http://www.predatortools.com/

Last edited:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Predator tools makes some unique digging tools. I own/use several of them from their model 85, the Model 58 Little Eagle, a Model 300 Big Red, but my favorite is by far the Model 35 Piranha. It's just the right balance between weight, and size for an all day relic hunt.

George get makes them from 4130 Chrome Molly Steel.... You will not bend them without a taking torch to them first! To get his tools you have to get them directly from him.

We have available in our store some of the Lesche tools from WW Manufacturing.... The "Lesche" hand digging tool, and the Sampson (very similar to the Predator model 58) are two very popular tools.... These are also made with the same materials, and are just as strong.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread