Deteknix Xpointer

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got the X Pointer yesterday from Big Boy Hobbies. I took it out twice for a total of about 6-7 hours. It is light years ahead of the Bounty Hunter Pinpointer that I was using! I have not had any issues. I am very happy with my purchase.

I also picked up a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2 for $50 off of Craigslist. It is a couple of steps up from my BH Quick Silver. Still getting used to the slight differences. I still plan on saving up for a Garrett AT Pro.

Glad you liked it!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That dead battery didn't work very well in the xPointer...lol

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not false, of course it did not do other things like sense small gold well either.

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my X Pointer broke today! I have only had it for 8 days! It was only the second weekend out with it! I did not drop it or use it rough. The positive battery connection prong broke off and is now rattling around inside the thing. I registered online for the warranty and now don't know what to do! When it was working it was awesome. It did not false at all. I just want it to be fixed or replaced. I had to go back to my dreaded backup Bounty Hunter Pinpointer (ugh)! Apparently the warranty is through Metal detectors, sand scoops, accessories, The Gold Digger, New Jersey.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought one and love it so far. Had a Garrett before which I loved but started falsing so bad at the end that I could not use it. So far not an issue with this pinpointer. I also love the fact that I didn't have to shell out a ton of cash. This is an expensive hobby and the chance to save a little dough but still have performance was a big selling point for me.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Bart said "the reviews are popping up everywhere". This new lower cost pin pointer will probably get tagged as being a coin shooters pointer only. This is because of the field reports stating that this new device is having a very hard time seeing gold items. The lower cost seems to reflect directly with its performance. Read the reports and choose.

Hits on NZ gold no worries - As for this statement "The lower cost seems to reflect directly with its performance" where the lesser priced X-Pointer shines over its opposition on wet sandy beaches - WoW not only do you save money but you get better performance -

Gotta love these reviews :))

usmc1361

Aug 8, 2014
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my X Pointer broke today! I have only had it for 8 days! It was only the second weekend out with it! I did not drop it or use it rough. The positive battery connection prong broke off and is now rattling around inside the thing. I registered online for the warranty and now don't know what to do! When it was working it was awesome. It did not false at all. I just want it to be fixed or replaced. I had to go back to my dreaded backup Bounty Hunter Pinpointer (ugh)! Apparently the warranty is through Metal detectors, sand scoops, accessories, The Gold Digger, New Jersey.

Mine did the exact same thing. Battery prong after 1 week of very light use. Have you gotten any follow up on this? I need to send them mine.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine is still working great. No problems. Just as sensitive as the Garrett. Used it recently to clean up a nickel spill. Over 168 nickels.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm probably the least experienced MDer here, but so far mine has been great and has saved me a lot of time and frustration. Of course now, I'm waiting for the battery prong to break on me!

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one about 2 months ago and so far it works great. The only thing I noticed with mine is if you get to close to the metal detector is just makes a continuous beeping sound or when you turn it on close to metal. If you just move the metal detector about 3 ft away all is good. I just wanted does it do that with anyone else's.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Love mine. I even use it as a fulcrum when popping coins out with the old gasket scraper.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Garrett seems to be getting weaker and it is starting to false. Wouldn't you know it is just out of warranty?

I am thinking about getting a Deteknix in a pink. I feel secure!

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone dealt with the customer service for Deteknix , like getting questions answered and getting service on a broken unit.
A warranty if fine as long you don't haft to jump thru hoops to get it done.

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Garrett seems to be getting weaker and it is starting to false. Wouldn't you know it is just out of warranty?

I am thinking about getting a Deteknix in a pink. I feel secure!

Send it back to Garrett. If it's close I bet they will fix it for free Pointman.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone dealt with the customer service for Deteknix , like getting questions answered and getting service on a broken unit.
A warranty if fine as long you don't haft to jump thru hoops to get it done.

CLV, I'm an authorized dealer for Deteknix. The service is handled in the USA, and they replace units very quickly that are defective. You shouldn't have any service issues should your unit break.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Last edited:

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
Nine months and my Xpointer is still going strong! It does go through batteries faster, but worth it for not falsing like my Propointer did. Also, the Propointer button was flimsy on mine...had to replace the rubber gasket.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread