Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pro pointer copy...even the holster.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Bart said "the reviews are popping up everywhere". This new lower cost pin pointer will probably get tagged as being a coin shooters pointer only. This is because of the field reports stating that this new device is having a very hard time seeing gold items. The lower cost seems to reflect directly with its performance. Read the reports and choose.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
As Bart said "the reviews are popping up everywhere". This new lower cost pin pointer will probably get tagged as being a coin shooters pointer only. This is because of the field reports stating that this new device is having a very hard time seeing gold items. The lower cost seems to reflect directly with its performance. Read the reports and choose.

I watched a comparison the other day and the xpointer was the only one which hit gold flakes outta the three pointers. First I heard about low conductor issues.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Xpointer Salt Test:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your holding your thumb over the speaker on the Xpointer when your swishing it around. When your showing that its not falsing right before you look for the gold piece, you have it covered again. You move your thumb to a new spot when you test it on the gold...why would you do this? You have the speaker covered on the Pro pointer when you first stick it in and there is no sound until you realize it and quickly slide your finger off so we can hear it. WTH...I watched this video very closely several times and couldn't believe what I was seeing...please explain. :dontknow:

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Not my video guys. Just shared it from youtube and didn't endorse it. Don't be haters...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not my video guys. Just shared it from youtube and didn't endorse it. Don't be haters...
Thanks for the clarification...Im glad its not your video...I don't hate you but I hate that video. :laughing7:

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
No prob LD. I'm a realist and just tried to provide some useful info on the forum. Time to move on...

gulfcoaster

May 11, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, White's Bullseye TRX, Stealth Classic 8" Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It definitely looked like there was some bias during the tests. I noticed that he didn't even bother trying to ground-balance ("ground grab") the TRX. I bet it would have worked okay afterwards. I'll have to bring mine to the beach next time I'm out there and test that.

I still might get an Xpointer at some point though...I could use a good back-up pin-pointer, and the price definitely seems right for the performance and its probable quality. I say "probable" because there is not really any long-term reliability info yet, anecdotal or otherwise.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not saying its not a good pin pointer, just saying that video is using some slight of hand.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe what has been reported also reflects with my own findings. The Xpointer does work but on small gold items it does not work well. Other popular pointers like TRX Minelab Vulcan seem to do much better at that task. Using it on its own to cover areas around metal structure like in tot lots and bleachers probably could not be trusted to find what could be a valuable find. In open areas where your base detector tells you that the find is there, it will probably take much longer to make your recover unless you use the old grab and sweep across your base detectors coil.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the X Pointer yesterday from Big Boy Hobbies. I took it out twice for a total of about 6-7 hours. It is light years ahead of the Bounty Hunter Pinpointer that I was using! I have not had any issues. I am very happy with my purchase.

I also picked up a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2 for $50 off of Craigslist. It is a couple of steps up from my BH Quick Silver. Still getting used to the slight differences. I still plan on saving up for a Garrett AT Pro.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions