Is there a site for sheaths for small hand diggers?

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no, but I do have lots of scrap leather so she could make one

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't EVEN wanna know,lol!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you know when you are sleeping tonight you will imagine

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If her digger is similar to the Lesche (blade wise) I would highly recommend the Buzz Wilson sheaths. Swing-bot (Buzz Wilson) on here, makes and sells them. I have the model where the digger and pinpointer are side-by-side (cheaper model) and it has probably been with me on 200 hunts and I would purchase another one if this one ever crapped out on me.

I am currently working on one that will fit my 3" Wilcox digger that I occasionally use when being conspicuous is desired.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would also suggest one of Buzz's sheaths. It's a very well made product. I've run into Buzz a few times hunting at a local park and he's a good guy as well.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You can heat and flatten PVC pipe then hang it from your belt. Just an idea

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can heat and flatten PVC pipe then hang it from your belt. Just an idea

I'm going to try that, because I hate my Lesche sheath.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to try that, because I hate my Lesche sheath.

How to bend PVC video. It drags on a bit but the technique is pretty cool and could be useful for other ideas or projects. Hope it helps....some how. Good luck!

Sandbagger

Nov 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please let us know when this available. I just ordered a Viking from Ebay. Can't wait to try it!

goldenoldie

Dec 16, 2014
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE ,,,,,,,
Minelab sovereign xs2,,,,,12x10 SEF & 15 in WOT
Minelab Explorer 2. 12X8 Platypus
Evolution Scoop & spade ,Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i use one of these for my digger EX mod around £5.00 MACHETTE-2.jpg
fits this type of digger about Wright :thumbsup:
$_57.JPG

Last edited:

gdzag

Oct 17, 2014
Trenton, Mi.
Detector(s) used
(2) Minelab E-Tracs, Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics G2+ LTD, Blisstool LTC64X V6 3 coil pkg, (2) Deteknix X-PinPointers, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Fisher F-Pulse PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I made 2 out of 10 inches of black PVC pipe for my Lesche... it was too stiff and jabbed me anytime I knelt to dig... Still working on the design. PVC LESCHE HOLSTER 1.JPG PVC LESCHE HOLSTER 2.JPG

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only one that carries my digger and pinpointer in my other hand? I used to use all the accessories that came with everything...but it seems so much easier to carry them in the other hand and drop to the ground to dig.

Only thing i ever saw a need for was the finds/trash pouch. But I don't want to go out there looking like robocop..lol

gdzag

Oct 17, 2014
Trenton, Mi.
Detector(s) used
(2) Minelab E-Tracs, Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics G2+ LTD, Blisstool LTC64X V6 3 coil pkg, (2) Deteknix X-PinPointers, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Fisher F-Pulse PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A glass of cold water, dumped on the hot PVC by an assistant, works to cool it much faster.

gdzag

Oct 17, 2014
Trenton, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am I the only one that carries my digger and pinpointer in my other hand? I used to use all the accessories that came with everything...but it seems so much easier to carry them in the other hand and drop to the ground to dig.

Only thing i ever saw a need for was the finds/trash pouch. But I don't want to go out there looking like robocop..lol

I need one hand free just in-case I have to wrestle down any aggressive Grizzlies while detecting here in S.E. MICHIGAN.

gdzag

Oct 17, 2014
Trenton, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't you just turn the pinpointer on and scare them away? Lol

I'd try that, but I'm afraid it (the pinpointer) might get mauled... Then I'd really be in trouble... on a hunt with no pinpointer!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I made 2 out of 10 inches of black PVC pipe for my Lesche... it was too stiff and jabbed me anytime I knelt to dig... Still working on the design. View attachment 1099665 View attachment 1099666

I bet you and Goldmoon (above) could do good with his Viking design. PVC would be perfect for it. Open up the top on each side or cut slots on each side and the digger may slide right in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread