Redesigned finds pouch

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the Garrett finds pouch. It's a good one, with the inside zippered pocket for the good stuff. But I didn't like the belt that it came with, and it doesn't allow to be used with another belt. I use a military belt that I got at the army surplus store because I also carry a canteen some times, and also my Lesche tool and pin pointer. So I went to an alteration shop and had them cut the straps off and use that webbing strap to make 3 belt loops. Now it slides on my big belt, or any other too.

Attachments

• image-2850193841.jpg
    image-2850193841.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 279
  • image-3070615790.jpg
    image-3070615790.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 291

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Garrett bag just like that, and that is EXACTLY what I was thinking of doing with it! Great job! :thumbsup:

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PullTabProphet

Mar 17, 2014
West FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year when I first started MD'ing, this was the first alteration made to my gear. I don't sew but luckily for me, my Mom does. Talk about an art that's being lost over the generations - sewing is definitely one. Fortunately, she's around to teach my youngest daughter and pass this important skill on.

I used the belt it came with and cut it to the size/height I wanted it to hang off the belt I use and she stitched it onto the bag. Works out really well.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good job of modifying an existing product.

I have made a few finds pouch/tool belts by getting handbags from the goodwill store and attaching a web belt and attaching sheath for dig tool and PP.
End result- better and cheaper than whats available commercially

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread