Battery charger (I used the search) please help.

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have different brand batteries. I have Rayovac rechargables AA's. Lenmar AAA's, Tenergy 9V's.
A Lenmar charger that is 5-1 is "smart" no full indicators. And also a Tenergy 4 port 9v charger. My problem is the Chargers don't fill the batteries past where I usually toss non chargables. I hunt gold jewelry mainly so finding low conductive foil forced me to use high charged batteries for fasted recoveries. I bought a little "Enercell" tester from Homedepot and after charging my batteries only get to about the middle of GO in "good" new batteries are usually between OD or on D in "GOOD" I also noticed my Volts advertised on the batteries as 1.2 VS non rexhargable at 1.5. Does this make a difference on my machines batteries? Is there a charger that will fill them all to the max MAh? I'd like a good multi port but if I have to buy individual chargers I will and 9v is the most important followed by AAA's. Thanks for any help.

OP
OP
B

Backstrap80

May 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 5 in 1 is NOT a smart charger... Sorry. I'd like a smart charger that tells me when full etc.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of batteries are you using? AAA rechargeable batteries only charge to 1.2v which is acceptable for most operations. Same goes for other can batteries~ its due to the materials used in their construction. 9 volts should charge to 9 volt.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NiCads and NiMH run 1.2v per cell. Alkaline and Lithium 1.5v. It should not make a difference other than service hours of useful battery charge life. When it gets below 1.1 or so either is effectively "dead" and needs tossing or recharging.

Now when they come up with a way to plug a 2,200mAh LiFe battery in with little self discharge and lots of run time that would be a good thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread