Bluetooth capable

SkinNFluff

Dec 27, 2014
Harrison County, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was actually looking into this yesterday. google "Bluetooth Music Transmitter" and you will find what you need. Then mate it up with a pair of "blueant pump earbuds", they are bluetooth and waterproof. Now I have not tried this setup out but plan to in the future. I am still in the research before I buy phase.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most people find BT causes significant delay.. i.e. you swing left and start back right and then it beeps.. where is it left of right.. .. BT = Bad..
I have read the V3 BT does better in the area..
FM be it the commercial band or 900MHz works without delay..

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think a quality blue tooth setup would work. The V3i has absolutely no delay but it is also a proprietary BT setup.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting topic!

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Well after some research apparently I am not the first to think of this.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most people find BT causes significant delay.. i.e. you swing left and start back right and then it beeps.. where is it left of right.. .. BT = Bad..
I have read the V3 BT does better in the area..
FM be it the commercial band or 900MHz works without delay..

I have tried the Fm transmitter a few years ago, it worked pretty well except I had bought a very cheap one that didn't have a strong enough signal for my head phones, so get a decent one.

On the plus side though, my headphones were Am, Fm and external input and had microphones for hearing things around you. ( which I really liked).

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread