Be Careful

GoteRider

Greenie
Feb 16, 2015
Ga.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to let people know to be careful if your digging tool has a metal handle. I was digging in my driveway with a small pickaxe and hit a power line. I found the pickaxe at the dump. It did not have a handle I started to weld a metal handle to it but I changed my mine and made a handle out of a piece of red oak. I sure am glad that I went with wood if I had went with metal I would not be posting this. That big ball of green fire got my attention. I got my detector and went to the house. That was enough detecting for the day.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet.

Thanks for the warning.

If you detect there again, check the area around it and you should be able to follow the line.
Good practice for when hunting. Takes remembering to check around a potential target for more of the same signal before digging.
A copper pipe taught me that, a few feet apart.:laughing7:

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you're alright. Pretty ball of light though wasn't it?

OP
OP
G

GoteRider

Greenie
Feb 16, 2015
Ga.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it was a pretty ball of light. But it almost made me change my underwear. I put the wire down years ago but I forget the way I run it. I know the way it runs now.:laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! So glad you are safe now, you dodged an "electrical bullet"!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread