Best belt pouch

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a condor tactical belt
Condor Tactical Belt (Black, Up to 44-Inch Waist) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003MYJTYO/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_XaSqvb0YXPQQ5
And two mag dump pouches
VISM by NcStar Folding Dump Pouch, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007OZHIZO/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_9bSqvb1ADNV9C

They work great and just spray them off with a hose when they get dirty. Reason I like the mag dump pouches is because you can fold them up on your belt when not in use. There really just for all the trash I find, I have a small plastic box I put my good finds in.

I use the very same belt. It is one of the best ones I have used, but I had an eyelet or two come off. I also thought about using dump pouches for all the trash I pick up. For the good finds, I have used the following pouch, which is similar to the Mil-spec one:

Amazon.com : Tactical Belt-Utility Pouch Olive Drab : Sporting Goods : Sports & Outdoors

rustyshovel

Greenie
Apr 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got into this hobby yesterday so I dont have much experience in the different accessories yet but I am an avid hunter and fish a lot and always found that less is more...meaning the less crap you have to carry out there the more you will stay out there. There's sites that Ive seen that have pouches for 10-15 bucks that look identical to pouches that sell for 2 and 3 times that much. I myself have a hunting fanny pack I used for fly fishing but retired it this year due to getting a new Simms sling pack and actually that sling pack would be perfect but it was well over 100 bucks. Any way this fanny pack has one large center pocket with 2 dividers each with elastic mesh webbing, 2 smaller but good sized pockets to each side of the center one with elastic mesh webbing and finally 2 smaller pockets after that. It also has a water bottle pouch and 3 attachment points. I got it at Gandermountain a few years ago but they don't sell it any more. They do sell one similar made by RedHead. I think I paid about 25 bucks for it.

Last edited:

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the standard Garrett camo zippered two pocket pouch. Had the same one for years. No problems with it....and I use and abuse it.

I have no aversion to having the brand on it, because it is a brand I use often and like. Above that it is a good set up and even have my pinpointer attached to it. For the eleven or twelve dollars I spent.....it's gone a long ways.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I mainly beach hunt and just rely on my cargo short's extra pockets.

Cargo Shorts Find Pouch.png

Goldmoon

May 6, 2012
BC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Ironclad "Viking" Digger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm still just using the Garrett pouch too, it came with my pin pointer. I carry my digger in it and have my pin pointer in the stock holster on my right hip. Works well, and the zippered inside pouch is good for all the "nice" finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions