Honeyman

Apr 5, 2015
Cleveland OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have bicycle we'll go hunting!

Does anyone else use their bike to go metal detecting?
I guess this qualifies for the tool box. I'm lucky enough to have 5 parks/playgrounds within a 6 mile radius. So I combine metal detecting with excercise!
Here's my Trek Lime all loaded up for a morning of MDing. Basket is a removable Wald. A used rear rack from a garage sale with a piece of thick foam holds my uMax. I'm trying to figure out some kind of holder for the rear rack that will hold the detector and the shovel so I don't have to stand the shovel up in the basket. Any ideas?
On days when I want more of a work out I throw my Popiel Pocket Fisherman in the basket too and head for a park/picnic area that's about 6.5 miles away that has pond and add a little fishing to the MDing.
So this morning I ended up with 57 cents in clad, a toy shark, and a bunch of pull tabs and Pringles tops. But I also pedaled about 10 miles and got some great exercise!

Last edited:

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great, love it! I have several old beater bikes I have rebuilt, and am considering modifying one to a task specific bike just for local detecting. Cheers!!

Goldmoon

May 6, 2012
BC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Ironclad "Viking" Digger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Id love to get one of those big bmw dual sport motorcycles with the hard bags, but perhaps one day when I'm retired lol

For now I just jeep it around, even if I'm going a few blocks away.

Papakhan

Apr 14, 2015
Boone, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carry my garrett at pro in the carry bag that came with the digger's special. It has shoulder straps to carry like a back pack. My only concern is that it looks like a gun case and you know how people freak out if they think you have a gun in public.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone else use their bike to go metal detecting?
I guess this qualifies for the tool box. I'm lucky enough to have 5 parks/playgrounds within a 6 mile radius. So I combine metal detecting with excercise!
Here's my Trek Lime all loaded up for a morning of MDing. Basket is a removable Wald. A used rear rack from a garage sale with a piece of thick foam holds my uMax. I'm trying to figure out some kind of holder for the rear rack that will hold the detector and the shovel so I don't have to stand the shovel up in the basket. Any ideas?
On days when I want more of a work out I throw my Popiel Pocket Fisherman in the basket too and head for a park/picnic area that's about 6.5 miles away that has pond and add a little fishing to the MDing.
So this morning I ended up with 57 cents in clad, a toy shark, and a bunch of pull tabs and Pringles tops. But I also pedaled about 10 miles and got some great exercise!

What a nice, simple bike setup! I have an old Trek that I used to ride to a couple fishing spots, but all of my MDing spots are not within biking distance for this old man. I live out in the woods so far that you can hear the trees growing, so biking to parks and stuff is off my radar. I like your style, though. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
H

Honeyman

Apr 5, 2015
Cleveland OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bike in the picture is actually an electronic automatic shifting 3 speed. The lowest gear is really low and great for off road and steep hills. I'm thinking of putting off road knobby tires on it so I can get back into the woods without getting stuck. It's been very wet here in Cleveland. Last weekend I actually did get stuck just venturing of a bike path into a grassy field to do some hunting!

KaitoNation

Aug 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a specialized globe, with a basket. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439887368.894443.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1439887411.446396.jpg

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try mounting a milk crate to the back. You can always trim or notch it accordingly.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Honeyman,
Good for you! Keep at it!
Yes, I have pedaled to my locations.
My set up is my big ol' backpack, altho
a little top heavy.
Have you considered strapping your machine to the frame of the bike?

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have bicycle we'll go hunting!

I'm a Cyclist and Yes I do use my bike.
ALoT!
4cdbfbc9c10860a25e3307eb8048946d.jpg

e3816ab547d3a1954084326ed0ceb55d.jpg

f492e587a8f1ce6c2e4dfa373da653d9.jpg

8d80612c1c9da818342df630938b0c70.jpg

I use an xp Deus and its so compact and light it fits in back that looks Like a camel back.
I race Road and Mtb too.
Love combining My two favorite hobbys. Cycling and metal detecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
They make a model with an ashtray?

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting