Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Phoenix and in most, if not all parks in the Valley, they are off limits to digging in the grassy areas. So, I search the sand and chips where the kiddies play(also the sand volleyball courts.).The adjustable long handled cultivator is great in the chip areas and the scoop of course for sand. Instead of carrying two separate tools and/or returning to the car to exchange tools, I carry the scoop head hooked to my belt. When I need the scoop, I just attach it to the cultivator handle--instant long handled sand scoop.

DSCF0009.JPG DSCF0007.JPG

Bitten

Jul 21, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the Phoenix area and I've never had any problems in Glendale or in Phoenix. No restrictions as long as repair digs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to several park rangers and was told "No digging allowed". Guess it depends on what park you are detecting in and who catches you. Check out the park rules for each town.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used to be, Phoenix wouldn't even bother to come out to write a citation (not enough man power) over 40 minutes to show up after I called on vandals throwing beer bottles at equipment in the tot lot. Glendale Park Rangers were pretty cool! Make sure your trash pouch is full, and show them how much trash & sharp dangerous items you've removed. Ask them what the best way is to report vandals and they'll give you their business card. If the cops stop, just show them the card & tell em the ranger said it was ok. Unless things have drastically changed as long as you don't leave the area looking like a mine field you should be ok.

Baja

Sep 9, 2015
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll -
Minelab CTX-3030 -
White's Spectra V3i -
w/ Sun Ray DX-1 probe -
Fisher F75 ProArc -
w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see others from Phoenix on the forum!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well ain't you just a clever so-and-so. That is pretty ingenious. :occasion14:

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
When I go to one of the towns up in the Phoenix area to hunt, i always look at the entrance sign and read the rules. If there is no detecting then I don't but I can't recall ever seeing that as a rule up there. I hunt and leave almost zero indication that I dug a small hole to extract whatever it was I found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread