My Wireless (Not Bluetooth) HeadPhone Setup using Rapoo HC3070

biloyp

Greenie
Dec 27, 2014
Telford, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter 505
I got this idea from a thread on this site which led me to try this myself and post so other may benefit. I purchased all of this for around $90 on the internet. My setup is a bit different in that I use a Garrett cable which plugs into the headphone jack with the other end being a 1/4" stereo jack. I use a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter to connect the Rapoo transmitter to the Garret cable. This allows me to keep my Garrett headphones as a spare. The Rapoo setup is not watertight so if I needed that I can easily remove the Rapoo setup. I have only tested my setup at home and it works well, no lag but there is a bit of distortion which I will fix with either a resistor or potentiometer in series at the input side of the transmitter. I placed various objects on the ground and could distinguish between them even with the distortion. I will field test this setup today since it is a nice day.
I went to the park and tried out the setup for about 2 hours. I found some coins, slight distortion was not a big issue. Overall I was very pleased with the setup. I barely noticed I had the headphones on and having the ability to just set my MD down was awesome. I would definitely recommend this setup.

Fig 1 - Rapoo transmitter
Fig 2 - Left Earpiece showing ON/OFF & Volume controls. USB charging port is in same location
Fig 3 - all pieces
Fig 4 - 1/4" adapter which allows Rapoo to connect to Garrett cable without having to cut cable
Fig 5 - connected/mounted assembly
Fig 6 - front view as I see it.
Fig 7 - headphones transmitter connected to charging cable which is mini to USB (Type A)

Rapoo xmtr.jpg headphones.jpg completed not connected.jpg qtr phone jack with xmtr.jpg mounted on md.jpg mounted front view.jpg headphones2.jpg

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to try this on my DFX. Thanks

OP
OP
B

biloyp

Greenie
Dec 27, 2014
Telford, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter 505
I will never go back to a wired headset. This is so easy especially when you set your MD down to dig. When it is cold out, I cab hide the headphones under a cap. I have to buy a second one to have a spare.

Foolsgoal

Dec 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using the Rapoo setup my Garrett AT PRO. It works great (especially considering the cost). I wish the charge lasted longer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread