Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received my Stealth 720ix the other day, I bought this for hunting in the water in those murky ponds which I have not yet had a chance to do, as the ponds are all frozen now, but I could not wait to try this out so brought it for an initial test run on a saltwater beach yesterday for some wet sand hunting. First off, this scoop is an extremely high quality tool and you can tell by the welds and craftsmanship that it is a top notch scoop. I spent the day on Saturday making a wooden handle for it that I bought locally for $10.00 so I could save on shipping. Post hole digger handle works great but you have to do some fine fitting. Fill in two pre-drilled holes in bottom of handle with wooden dowels and some glue. You have to remove about 1/16th" of wood from the area where the u-bolts go to make it fit, then take a round file the same diameter as the u bolts and create a notch in the wood for each u-bolt. Vertical grain in wood should be oriented forward toward scoop point. Also have to flatten out the backside of the handle so it can sit flush. Gave it a coat of spar varnish and done deal. The scoop- This beast will take some getting used to. I went from using a 5 inch rounded end 90 degree scoop to the stealth with a 20 degree angle. Felt awkward at first which I expected. The lift handle assist that I bought was just getting in my way so off it came. I'm thinking that lift handle will be better while waist deep in water come springtime. The design of the stealth is an excellent one, front end digs right into compacted seashell beds and small rocks. Wet sand drains extremely fast if shaken a bit in a small pool of water. Smaller holes I ordered on the backside is a nice option, as I was catching smaller items that would normally fall through 1/2" holes. Toe pad option is nice as well. I found myself spending a lot less time recovering targets with this as opposed to my smaller 5" rounded end scoop. A full scoop in the stealth is heavy! You have to take smaller bites with this beast. I am very confident this will be an excellent scoop when hunting in the water, as it was designed for. All in all an excellent high quality product and fully backed by lifetime warranty. Wish I could have done an initial review based on using it in the water but I'm sure this will far surpass my expectations come spring thaw.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread