Whites Coinmaster Metal Detector Question

Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Whites Coin Master(Not the Pro) that I have been using a lot here frequently and I have noticed that it never hits right over a target, but instead the item is always several inches away from where I get the strongest signal. Does anyone out there have any experience with these detectors and if so am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with my detector. My better 1/2 went with me yesterday and to do a simple test we would take the Garrett GTA 350 she was using and check the same spot as my Coinmaster was getting a hit on and the GTA would almost always be within just an inch or two of the item. I have also learned to just ignore the picture reference on the Coinmaster as it is right maybe once out of 50 hits and then usually only on Pennies as the other change I have found never registered as what it was.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like you have a bad coil.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been years since I used a coinmaster. I had similar experiences on larger then coin items.

It will break you of the habit of pinpointing an item from one direction. Come at the item from a second direction or a third to narrow down the spot to dig, even then something like a shotgun shell casing could have been 2-3" off. I don't remember which side of the coil mine favored but it wasn't center.
Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread