May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thing is amazing!! I've always wanted one since seeing a fella on YT use one. I've went to purchase twice before as $59.95 seemed ''doable'' but once the shipping of $12 was added on and it brought the total to $72 I'd back out. I'm not rich and this is just a hobby so couldn't commit to it and since I had a free kellyco sawtooth gator coming for free with the purchase of my Nokta I figured that'd be good enough. Well after digging only 15-20 targets the kellyco digger failed. Good blade but the end of the handle cut through the grip as it slid down the handle bar. Made for some sore palms when I forgot to bring my gloves.
So went ahead and ordered the Raptor and am so glad. Hell the shipping of $12 was worth every penny as it came insured and with tracking, priority 3 day shipping. Ordered round 1am on the 15th, shipped 15th in morning and in my mailbox this morning [17th]. Cant believe I let $12 keep me from ordering sooner. Only dug 50 -60 targets today so don't have a lot of time in it I know and this shouldn't be a review but the quality is there, promise you you'll see it once you hold this tool in your hand. Also comes with a nice belt sheath.
Love the design the way it cuts through and the amount of dirt you scoop out.
Also the kellyco digger is good as well if they'd just put a 10cent pvc ''plug into the end of the handle to give it an endcap before putting on the grip I'm sure it'd fix the prob., and once the grip is on par with blade it's a good little digger too. Anyway my .02$ worth HH

Attachments

• 20160317_224718.jpg
    20160317_224718.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 441
  • 20160317_224835.jpg
    20160317_224835.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've have been loooking for one , can anyone PM a link ?

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine just came today and I really like it. I could see how my Lesche may be better in the harder soil/ tangle roots etc, but this digger rocks in the loam.

Takes about half the time or less to recover a coin compared to the thinner blade diggers.

I realize a shovel would even be even quicker but that's out of the question in public parks and school yards.

I hit the woods and here is the first coin dug today, a (1927?) buffalo nickel

IMG_6170.JPG

Last edited:

metaldiggr

Feb 13, 2015
South Central Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old thread but, if you're still on here, thanks for the info. I've been thinking of getting one of these for a while.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love mine especially after putting an old snow shovel handle on it making it a trowel- shovel hybrid. Works in parks and woods even in tough pocono rocky- rooty woods

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thing is amazing!! I've always wanted one since seeing a fella on YT use one. I've went to purchase twice before as $59.95 seemed ''doable'' but once the shipping of $12 was added on and it brought the total to $72 I'd back out. I'm not rich and this is just a hobby so couldn't commit to it and since I had a free kellyco sawtooth gator coming for free with the purchase of my Nokta I figured that'd be good enough. Well after digging only 15-20 targets the kellyco digger failed. Good blade but the end of the handle cut through the grip as it slid down the handle bar. Made for some sore palms when I forgot to bring my gloves.
So went ahead and ordered the Raptor and am so glad. Hell the shipping of $12 was worth every penny as it came insured and with tracking, priority 3 day shipping. Ordered round 1am on the 15th, shipped 15th in morning and in my mailbox this morning [17th]. Cant believe I let $12 keep me from ordering sooner. Only dug 50 -60 targets today so don't have a lot of time in it I know and this shouldn't be a review but the quality is there, promise you you'll see it once you hold this tool in your hand. Also comes with a nice belt sheath.
Love the design the way it cuts through and the amount of dirt you scoop out.
Also the kellyco digger is good as well if they'd just put a 10cent pvc ''plug into the end of the handle to give it an endcap before putting on the grip I'm sure it'd fix the prob., and once the grip is on par with blade it's a good little digger too. Anyway my .02$ worth HH
This is a GREAT TOOL 1111 i have 2 of them. I misplaced one and had to buy another one . Well less then a week later guess what i found when i opened a file drawer. I would not go digging without one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread