My detecting vest / sling setup

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to use a 3" web belt but didn't like all the weight tugging down on my hips/pants, especially after all the up/downs while digging targets.

This vest is about 30 bucks on Amazon and worth every penny.

zvest.jpg

It also allowed me to rig an easily removed adjustable bungee sling to one of the suspender D-rings, using a figure 9 clip. It really helps after a few hours of hunting.

I attached 2 zippered pouches, 1 has two compartments that I use for trash and treasure (below), the other has 1 zippered compartment which I use to to conceal a sub compact 9mm.

lilpouch.jpg

I ordered this dump pouch to use for trash and keep the other zippered pouch for treasures only.

pouch.jpg

I have my TRX pin pointer attached along with my Raptor digging tool. Hanging off the bottom is a nylon bristle toothbrush for quick cleaning of coins. I may add a water bottle carrier as the weather heats up.

vestfull.JPG

vest2.JPG

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I like your set-up. I went through the same evolution, got some responses stating I was carrying too much stuff - they're probably right. But my final (?) set-up is a lot more comfortable, better planned, and workable than just using a Minelab pouch on my belt getting in the way of my digging and just generally a pain in the butt. Mine is sort of similar to your approach.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...d-apron-pouch-belt-system-ever-suited-me.html

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya. We may be overdressed for a tot lot :tongue3:

But some places I hunt are a fair distance from my car, If I don't carry it in, I cant use it. I will also be carrying bug spray soon.

I think it is many times more comfortable carrying the weight on a suspended load bearing vest then half as much on a belt.

I guess too it depends on how long you plan to hunt too...... 15 minutes during your lunch break or 4 hours out in the woods or fields?

DirtyPockects

Apr 18, 2016
Dayton, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Garrett Ace400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a sturdy setup that will distribute the load . I will have to check those out.

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I did add a Ammo dump pouch, for trash, that is working out nicely.

I am not sure that I am going to keep the pinpoint low on the vest. I can get in the way of my fat gut when I am crouching to retrieve a target. I think I may try mounting it on the suspender.

Maxpedition is almost too nice of gear to use LOL.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a load-bearing suspender system (see my profile photo), that has many add-on pouches,
that all seems to be PLENTY of room for all the tools, and stuff I take anywhere - even tot lots...! :laughing7:
Nice to be able to tuck the un-needed rain gear under the suspenders in the back, if so chosen.
Got room for even the kitchen sink....(NOT!)

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a load-bearing suspender system (see my profile photo), that has many add-on pouches,
that all seems to be PLENTY of room for all the tools, and stuff I take anywhere - even tot lots...! :laughing7:
Nice to be able to tuck the un-needed rain gear under the suspenders in the back, if so chosen.
Got room for even the kitchen sink....(NOT!)

Looks like a good set up. I have to remember to throw some knee pads in my detecting kit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions