Where to buy a fiberglass handle for my new scoop?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any hardware store, Home depot or Lowes sells shovel handles which work or you can buy a carbon fiber shaft from a dealer...

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought a stavr scoop and had to put a handle in and used the fiberglass pole from an adjustable painter's pole from Home Depot. The pole was beige with the green handle and I had to sand the end down a bit to fit in the scoop once the head was remove and the inner pole taken out. Be sure to use a wooden dowel (18-24") inside the fiberglass pole for added strength at the connection between pole and scoop. You can use 2 hour epoxy (recommended)to glue in the wood dowel. They are available in different lengths.
Here's the link:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Wooster-4-ft-8-ft-Sherlock-Extension-Pole-00R0550000/100187725
image.jpeg
Best of luck!

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any hardware store, Home depot or Lowes sells shovel handles which work or you can buy a carbon fiber shaft from a dealer...
Harbor Freight will be cheaper. My local Harbor Freight must think I'm nuts! I think I've bought 8 or 9 rakes to get the shafts for different projects

Helpful hint of the day to make the rake handles almost bulletproof, cut a piece of 1/2" conduit an inch shorter and paint it with two part (runny) epoxy as you slide it in. Same with fiberglass shovel handles if they break.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread