TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi everyone,

I'm in need for a new backpack since my beloved Camelbak Mule NV is far too small (actually I was able to fit my AT Pro in there with it sticking out, but not a lot else).
If possible I would like the following:

Able to fit my AT Pro with the bigger headphones and the small 5x8 coil. Most decently sized backbacks should do that with ease in the big compartment, I don't mind part of the shaft sticking out on top so that is fine.

Able to accomodate a water bladder, since I started detecting I've grown to love that on my Mule.

A smaller pocket on the front for odds and ends, no special requirements as it's mostly small stuff I can fit anywhere

Another pocket somewhere (ideally two) to fit my small camera and sunglasses.

A bit of space left for findings pouch and pinpointer.

Not too tacticool, no camo.

Do any of the Maxpedition / 5.11 kind of products fit the deal? I've used one of the 5.11 slingbags and found the quality to be outstanding and they are not overly tactical.

Thanks for any input.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are sooooooooooooooo many available its hard to recommend anything. The good ones aren't cheap. I'd look around the hunting / tactical websites for what they have. You can get most models in solid colors instead of camo.

OP
OP
T

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There are sooooooooooooooo many available its hard to recommend anything. The good ones aren't cheap. I'd look around the hunting / tactical websites for what they have. You can get most models in solid colors instead of camo.

Thanks, I'm already checking out different sites, but maybe some of you here have solid recommendations, as you say there are so many around.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a tape measure to how you want to carry the ATP add an inch or two and search eBay. Don't limit your search to backpack but also search rifle bag. There's a lot to choose from that have shoulder straps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread