Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised this forum doesnt have a DIY section?

Anyways,

I broke out the Juki and made up a Cordura pouch, nothing fancy, but it will do the job. I could have gotten fancy with it, but figured I would use it a while and think of more features I can add to a new and improved model.

CIMG0764.JPG CIMG0763.JPG

OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Juki, is a brand of industrial sewing machines.

Hot Rockin

Greenie
Aug 21, 2016
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the Harbor Freight screwdriver for, A probe?

Great job on the pouch.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Garretts pouch that I use water hunting/and dirt hunting I added eyelets to the bottom to let water drain it also lets the dirt that accumulates in the bottom to fall out.But are small enough so you don't lose goodies.

OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using my original for a couple of weeks now and found a few things to change and revise. Here is my gen 2 pouch, I added some webbing to hold the pouch open at the top. I also added a pocket to the out side for holding my pin pointer. On the next one I make, I'll add some mesh to the bottom of the main pouch and a small zippered pouch to the outside for the nice finds.

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using my original for a couple of weeks now and found a few things to change and revise. Here is my gen 2 pouch, I added some webbing to hold the pouch open at the top. I also added a pocket to the out side for holding my pin pointer. On the next one I make, I'll add some mesh to the bottom of the main pouch and a small zippered pouch to the outside for the nice finds.

Outstanding pouch!
I like the pinpointer on the outside, makes sense and ease of use. Your idea of a secure lined pocket for nice finds is also very cool.
One thing that would be great (since you are designing and all) is a mesh bottom with zipper so you can easily clean out all of the loose dirt! Just a suggestion [emoji1]
Oh, and where do I sign up to buy one of these little gems?

OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thought this was pretty cool idea. I cant decide if I like it better on the shaft or up by the arm rest.

brock957

Sep 15, 2016
Powder Springs, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Deteknex huntmate pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job. Very nice. I've got some canvas I bought to make a kite bag. I may have to try to make something slide it. My wife laughed at me the other day while I was hooking all the different things to my belt.

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She won't laugh any more as soon as you find her a diamond ring!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thought this was pretty cool idea. I cant decide if I like it better on the shaft or up by the arm rest.

Probably balance better by the cuff. Does the pointer interfere with the coil at that location?

OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably balance better by the cuff. Does the pointer interfere with the coil at that location?

it does balance better at the cuff. I have not noticed any interference mounting it to the shaft.

OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Third times a charm. this one came out real nice. there are a couple things that can be changed in hindsight but nothing major, I'll give it a trial run this weekend.

CIMG0783.JPG CIMG0784.JPG CIMG0785.JPG CIMG0786.JPG

OP
OP
Freeloader

Freeloader

Aug 22, 2016
Phoenix AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Whites MXT All Pro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the lake today with my pouch. It worked awesome. However one major draw back to it was the fact that the mesh bottom dropped sand and dirt right into my shoe. I was wearing shorts, perhaps pants would have prevented this.

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe a "mod 3" to it, like adding a flap over the bottom of the mesh held up by velcro or a couple of snaps? That way you could just drop the flap and allow the dirt to sift through when you wanted it to.

I really like how you placed the "sheath" for your digger against the inside wall closer to you. I have a pouch of similar design but the "sheath" is on the narrow side. The weight causes it to pull away from my body and hang out further than I'd like. Really nice work on yours!!:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread