Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered my Bunk's prospecting Hermit pick head the other day and got it in the mail today I'm going to try and do something like what Aquachigger did and mount an electrical PVC pipe to it to make it lighter and possibly float a little as well as mount one of my new earth magnets on the end for relic hunting in the water. I can make it lighter and longer. The shipping gets you on a wooden stick from Bunk's. Making your own great way to go.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    821.2 KB · Views: 265

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a shot of Bunk (Calvin Bunker), out at Rich Hill, Arizona, during a segment we filmed for the History Channel. Left to Right - Mike Furness; Chris Gholson (holding gold nugget); Bunk; and Steve Gholson.

Attachments

• HistoryChanShoot31012 084 (2).jpg
    HistoryChanShoot31012 084 (2).jpg
    684.3 KB · Views: 235
OP
OP
100acre

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made my pick. Using grey conduit pic pipe and by sliding in a 1'x48" dowel. I pre drilled a three inch hole in one end, then attached the 250lb neodium magnet with a long screw. The head of which is less than flush with the magnet face. I'm gonna remove the pick head and wrap the end once or twice with waterproof tape to get the head a little more snug. So far it picked up a 10lb barbell with ease. It's total length is 49" which is great for my 6'9".

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,004.7 KB · Views: 244
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,003.8 KB · Views: 244
OP
OP
100acre

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a better shot of the magnet and holding a shot. And a 10 lb. weight.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    763 KB · Views: 220
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 194

Magimerlin

Greenie
Oct 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a shot of Bunk (Calvin Bunker), out at Rich Hill, Arizona, during a segment we filmed for the History Channel. Left to Right - Mike Furness; Chris Gholson (holding gold nugget); Bunk; and Steve Gholson.

That's my dad (Mike Furness) on the far left in the pic... and I know (in person) Chris, Bunk, and Steve...lol.. All a bunch of great guys and full of knowledge.. thought that pic looked familiar....lol.. and that spot at "Rich Hill" looks familiar to.... gotta get back out there soon...

Bunk makes some great picks...

sent from what use to be a great country...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread