My Overkill Digging Setup

Riggleman

Mar 7, 2016
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most people would find this setup to much, but when i go out digging i walk, miles at a time and i carry out all my junk finds. The setup consist of a surplus pistol belt, condor battle belt, 2 large dump pouches, small utilities pouch, water bottle holder, garrett pinpointer holder, pistol lanyard, lesche digger holder and surplus military suslenders. Overall cost of this setup was less than $60 for me, some of the items i already had. You can load the drop pouches down and the battle belt and suspenders distribute the weight nicely. I will be adding a very strong magnet somewhere for my lesche t-handle shovel. The magnets can be purchased for cheap and are strong enough to hold the shovel and when needed just yank on the shovel then when done just place it back and your back swinging.

Attachments

• 1477508982368.jpg
    1477508982368.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 275

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One suggestion

Great use of some old TA-50! I have a few of those components myself. I think you are onto something. What about adding a camelback, and save the belt space?

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use my web gear in the fields and have it rigged as a sling for when I swing the 12" x 15" sef coil on the F75 LTD2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread