Headphones for my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Noah14

Dec 25, 2016
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I just got a Bounty Hunter IV today for Christmas, (yay), and I am totally new to treasure hunting. So far everything is good, the detector works well, sadly I didn't have enough daylight to search very long.
But after some research I read that the headphones not only make it easier to hear and discriminate sounds, but also improves battery life. So I went online and found the bounty hunter headphones, but they're 35 dollars and I was curious if I could use different headphones for cheaper.

So could I just get a 1/4 to 3/5 jack adapter and then use that for the detector?

Thanks everyone!
Noah

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes sir, many times I use a cheap $4.99 pair with the plug adapter.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I use the Garrett Easy Stow headphones for around $25. Sound quality is awesome and they are lighter weight than the larger ones.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Consider the Calrad # 15-135B. New for about $30 shipped. They're probably about the most common, inexpensive detector headphones.

If you want really cheap, then any pair with volume control and the size adaptor will work. Unless the cord is tough and coiled though, you may break something if (when) you catch it on bushes...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread